Chapter Five

I needed help to get out of the bed, help to the bathroom but Bjorn left me in peace for a few minutes to gather myself

I needed help to get out of the bed, help to the bathroom but Bjorn left me in peace for a few minutes to gather myself. And by gather myself I mean use the toilet and clean myself up because holy shit. I've had sex, multiple times in one go, but that was a period over hours. By the time I came a third time in such a short time it was like having my brain short circuited and I couldn't think straight. I was still admittedly catching up.

At the sink I lean forward, my face near the weak stream of cold water coming out of the faucet. Splashing cold water on my face I scrub my face and hairline with the cold water, thankful I had skipped makeup. I turned off the water and moved to the hand towel, it looked clean enough so I hoped it was and used it to dry myself off. I turn towards the door, a small black spot catching my attention. The bathroom, like the bedroom, is in whites and gray, simple and clean. The little dot looks odd.

There's a light tapping on the door that makes me jump. Bjorn says. "Caine has come back with drinks and snacks. Also we think this is the Alphas room, maybe we can find something in here."

Her Alpha had his own room? Didn't Bjorn say the Alpha typically shared with the Queen? I'd have to ask that question at some point.

The little black dot moves as the silent whirl of air comes into the room from a vent above me. I lean forward, it's just under the lip of the counter, on the wall to the bedroom and it's not a stain or bug or anything. It's a piece of wall paper that's started to come up, the shadow is what I had been seeing. Like any good detective show I reach out and give the end a tug, finding it easy to pull off. The little piece of wallpaper is the exact same shade and texture as the wall, I wouldn't even haven't noticed it at first. But peeled away it showed me that someone had cut out a chunk of the drywall, replaced it and put the wallpaper over it.

The chunk that was in the hole to cover it isn't sealed in, so taking the chunk out is easy. When I glance in I feel my brows go up, and I open the bathroom door. "Give me my phone, I need a flashlight."

Ten minutes later I have the binder in the office with Tabitha and Agatha who've opened it and were starting to go through. Bjorn brought Vinny inside, so Vinny, Tank and Caine were all scouring the house. Behind picture frames, odd lumps in the walls, or odd pieces of wallpaper. Hell, I told them to just peel off all the wallpaper. They were even looking in the vases, under rugs, picking at the carpet and floor boards for anything that might lead to more secrets. The next step would be vents and the crawl space.

As they start going through the papers I take a seat in the office chair, Elizabeth's desk is a beauty of a thing. Large, old and a light reddish wood with hand carved details of flowers. I scoot up to it and begin opening the drawers, all the papers had been removed so my consort could look through them, but I prod at the bottoms and backs of the drawers. I even skim my hand along the underneath, along the edges, just trying to find something, anything more.

An idea comes to mind so I tell Agatha. "Make a list of houses Elizabeth frequented, maybe not even just houses, anywhere. Someplace she might not have taken the other Queens or even you."

I get a frown from her but a nod. "I will do my best."

Elizabeth was an old Queen, one who had an ability to hide herself. I didn't feel that she was here, and neither had my Blood. It also seemed that she was well organized, and into some illegal things, she had bought a child after all. She would have been smart in hiding the illegal things so we would have to tear through everything, the house, her other houses, maybe even businesses or friends places. I wanted no stone unturned when it came to her business.

Opening the bottom left drawer I have to bend completely in half to reach under it. Running my hand along I don't feel anything, then I go along the inside lip of the drawer when I find a lump. The feel is rubbery, and when I feel the ridges and the edges I immediately recognize the feel as duct tape. I peel it back, making sure whatever was taped there comes with in hand. The spot of duct tape is no larger than half my palm, and the thing inside is a key, with a small ring and tag that has nothing but three letters and a number.

"I think I've traded regular life for a crime novel." I mutter to myself looking at the little brass key. I then straighten and hold up my little find and announce. "I found something, we need to figure out where it goes."

Tabitha raises a brow, I hand it over to her. It only takes her a few seconds before she says. "NSF, it's a bank and this is a safety deposit box key."

But of course it was.

"Can we go and check it out?" I ask.

I get a round of nods, then Tabitha says. "Once we get the paperwork in place for you to take over all of her things."

I let out a sigh, I was getting tired of having to wait for things. Growing up I never had much patience, I grew to learn it but struggled with waiting for things. The fact that I have to wait for my nest seems to be pushing my patience. Letting them go through those files, I walk through the house to help the guys with the search for more hidden spots.

Five hours in the house of horrors. Overly girly, and it smells like dust and flowers that remind me of my mom. Add on the sweet scent of Luna's arousal that perfumes a chunk of the house, it being the freshest scent that brings my beast close to the surface. If I can't fight or run as a wolf, sex was always an option to release some pent up energy but none of that's an option right now. As we leave the pink house of horrors we head back to the blue house that has neighbors. I couldn't shift there, and I didn't want to get into a fight with one of the vamps, at least not yet. I'm toeing a fine line and surprisingly I don't want to be kicked out of the house. I really have no responsibilities other than to follow along or to stay behind and do nothing. I got free food, a really nice bed in a really nice room.

As soon as we pull up and the car rolls to a stop I escape the car. Taking off towards the house, taking deep breaths to try to clear out my nose. I don't wait for anyone, I don't meet anyone on the way to the room I was given. There's music coming from upstairs, I close the door to my room and it drowns most of it out. These walls are thick enough to muffle sound from upstairs, but early this morning I heard all the moaning.

I have to shake my head to try to clear my memory, and head over to the bathroom. Turning the water facet on I lean down to clear out my nose. It's an uncomfortable sensation but it's something every shifter and werewolf learns to get used to or we get over stimulated with the different scents we pick up throughout the day.

I hear a now becoming familiar laugh going down the hallway, and the tone of Goofy. My teeth grit at the image of him meeting her at the top of the stairs, and her lighting up with a smile as she greets him. Jealousy, that's the last thing I need. If I decided to stick around and get closer to Luna, I'd have to deal with jealousy, it's what they do, they share her. Even though it's completely against my nature.

Werewolves don't share.