Chapter 2 Fallen Down

Start from the beginning

He helped walk them all the way back to his home. Other monsters began to look away and outright run in the other direction, but he ignored them. Toriel, still in the lounging chair, stood up when she saw Asriel walk in with the limp body of his new friend. He sat them on the floor as Toriel stood.

"Oh my goodness! Child, who is this?" She rushed over to them, pulling them apart to inspect the fallen one's wounds.

She moved away the hair from their face and let out a terrified audible gasp, calling for Asgore. He rushed in from down the hallway, also letting out the same gasp, bolting to the wounded one's side. Toriel began healing them, a warm green light emanating from the space between her paws and the wounds. She leaned in, quietly whispering to Asgore, then moved closer to the human. 

"You're a human, aren't you, Child?" Toriel asked, still healing their broken bones and bruises.

"W-where am I?" They asked, finally opening their eyes. "AHHHHHH"

The human staggered back, limp broken arms and legs trying desperately to scoot away from the monsters as much as possible. Their face was full of shock and horror as if they had seen the things of nightmares. Breathing heavily, they pulled a small red pocket knife from out of the pocket of their shorts, aiming it toward the family of three.

Chara had heard about the monsters that were sealed away long ago, but she never thought she would ever see them in her lifetime. The Seven mages that lived in her hometown had disbanded almost ten years ago, after a disagreement on whether to free the monsters or not. But just looking at the mere sight of such beings was terrifying. Were they here to harvest her soul? Take it and become a powerful being, strong enough to destroy mountains?

"M-monsters!" Chara screamed. "Don't come any closer!"

Toriel and Asgore looked at each other, unsure what to do in the situation that they found themselves in. They tried their best to show Chara that they meant no harm, but it was in vain. Chara continued to scream and stagger back as much as her broken limbs would allow her. Pain erupted into her stomach as her whole body collapsed in on itself, and she began to cough blood.

As she fell to the ground, that pocket knife she had squeezed into her palm fell to the floor. Her eyes fluttered closed as blood spewed out from her mouth. Asriel nearly screamed at the sight, but he only winced, and turned around, paw covering his open mouth. Asgore and Toriel rushed to Chara's side, Asgore scooping her up and carrying her towards Asriel's bedroom. Toriel followed beside him, healing her wounds as they placed her down on the bed. Asgore placed her on her side, allowing her to continue coughing without choking on her own blood.

~

It had been about four hours since Chara had passed out in the monster family's home. When she finally woke, her surroundings were still unfamiliar. The bright orange of the walls and bedsheets on top of her were a little comforting, but not by much. As she sat up, the blanket around her fell to her lap. A blast of cold air enveloped her, and she looked down towards her torso, only seeing bandages. She looked around the room, at the end of the bed there was a toy chest, her sweater and shorts were neatly cleaned and folded onto it. 

As she tried her best to get out of bed, she noticed that there were scars and bruises around her abdomen and chest. Most of it was wrapped with bandages, but she could tell her skin must have split open when she fell from the mountain. She got out of bed with surprising ease, she only had a few points in her arms and legs that were sore. She put her clothes over top of her bandages and slowly crept towards the door at the end of the room.

She carefully cracked it open and looked down the hallway. There was a faint glow of something flickering towards the opening, a fireplace most likely. She peaked her head out a little more and looked in the other direction. A long hallway with two other doors heading down it, and a mirror on the wall at the end. Luckily, it looked like the monsters she had seen earlier must have gone, or she was finally in a safe place away from them. However, she didn't let her guard down, she creeped out of the bedroom fully, turning the knob as she closed the door to make as little noise as possible.