Chapter 79- old bonds

JOON POV:

The air flickers and dips, pheromones reflecting everyone's curiosity, though it's there in their eyes even if their scents hadn't broadcasted it. My own gaze flits to the way Minnie's eyes flicker back and forth to the tail draped over (Y/N)'s lap, stifling a whined chirp in the low of his throat. Not missing the curved smirk playing on Amina's lips as her tail swishes, slow and contented under (Y/N)'s gentle rubs and pats, ears flickering and perked—large and stood to attention as she takes in the rest of the pack. Thoroughly amused at the reaction it's gotten out of her fellow fox.

Finally getting to put faces to names.

Half of them familiar, half of them not.

"So..." Tae begins, a purposefulness in his words, tail swishing slowly, curling and swaying behind him as he leans forward at Jin hyung's words, eyes snagging on KitKat—scent pooling sweeter as an immediate, biological, unconscious response to the giggly kit baby on Amina's lap.

It tugs a conspirator grin from several lips, smiles deepening, quirking with amusement as Amina's eyes settle on him, picking up on the shift in unspoken words, the warmth pooling in their scents.

My tail quickens, wagging and thumping against the upholstery despite myself, despite not even knowing what's caused it.

"So?"

"What hyung said... we really wouldn't ever mind taking care of KitKat... whenever you need to go off saving the world, giving orders to two officers or you know... letting us kitsit?" words tinged with a hopefulness, an eagerness that's in the sparkling giddiness of his eyes, in the sweet richness of strawberries; ripe and bursting.

The tips of her ears fold, lips curling, fangs peeking as she continues to brush her hand up and down KitKat's back, tail swishing and swaying before suddenly folding, tucking over kit's lap instead.

(Y/N)'s hands no longer occupied, a visible sagging of Jimin's tail—as if all the huffiness from it has drooped, melted away, tail giving a quick eager swish, eyeing her lap with a gleam. KitKat now tucked up in a soft, thick tail that swishes and tucks over her kit's lap instead.

"I wouldn't mind... I'd feel a lot more at ease if I knew KitKat was getting to spend time with not just Mi and me but a pack—especially one with three felines would definitely help her."

The rumbling chuff and silent exchange of eyes that say see I told you as he settles back, barely holding back restraint from immediately scooping and whirling away the kit that's patting at soft fur with quiet babbles interspersed with mama.

"He's been having this conversation since Jiminie brought KitKat in." Kook leans in to whisper, a flopped ear brushing against my cheek, hand against my shoulder as he whispers it with a scrunched grin, eyes sparkling with warmth.

I tilt back, body leaning into his space, eyes drinking in the sight of happy-giddy in large shining eyes and a scrunched nose, a wide toothy smile.

A tinge of heat in my cheeks when my tail thumps harder against the couch and it briefly tugs Hobi's gaze, ears twirling and small not so inconspicuous grin as his scent sweetens. Amina's eyes flitting between the two, something warm softening green eyes before she angles her head away. Ears flickering.

Undoubtedly having caught the sound.

My cheeks warm further.

"Ahh don't be shy Joonie hyungie...I think it's really cute when your tail gets all excited wags." Words a hushed murmur, lips brushing against the shell of my ear, hand squeezing my shoulder as Kook slots himself closer, body draping against my back. Body tilting to press closer to me, head moving to prop up against my other shoulder, nuzzling briefly.