Chapter 56- hazy mind, clear goal

JIN POV:

When the bedroom nudges open, it's with an uncoordinated stumble, light pouring in from the hallway, wings restlessly shifting and folding as I blink my eyes open; hazy and heavy with sleep and peering towards the direction of the room door. Head rising off my pillow as I watch Yoongi trudge in, eyes narrow slits and ears folded, tail curling lethargically as he lets the door fall shut. Pads over towards the bed with an stumbles, sleepiness to each step before clambering on. Hands drawing up the sheets as he sidles in and curls close to me.

My hand stretches out the small distance to brush against his face, watch as he blinks sleepily at me, shuffling closer.

"Everything okay kit?" I mumble, dragging the sheets over him when he curls closer to me, fingers carding through inky strands of hair, brushing gently across drooping ears.

He hums, a small, rumbled purr at the touch.

"Just wanted to sleep with you." voice heavy and weighted with exhaustion and fatigue.

He must've come here straight after his show and silently I feel his tail curl and brush over my calf, settling there for now.

"Sweet kit. Rest now." Arm settling over his waist and the small distance between us tinged with the heavy sleepy scent of citrus, closed by the rumble of his purr as he drifts off and with it, drags me back to sleep too.

When I awake, our bodies are much closer and his tail's moved to curl around my waist, ears twitching in sleep and a cheek squished against the pillow, pink lips pushed into a squished pout and scent soft; undoubtedly lingering in the pillows and sheets.

When I stir, his tail unconsciously tightens, curls around my waist and keeps me anchored to him, his hand that had settled in the space between us stretches out silently to curl against skin, body gravitating closer, fingers splaying across my waist and tugging.

Unconsciously trying to keep me close and in response my own wing flutters and pans out, curling over to brush over him and cover him. Tucking him up against me in a winged embrace that cocoons my panther.

Continue to bask in that hazy sleepiness of drifting in and out, hand brushing his hair away, trailing the tips of my fingers gently over the soft fluffy ears that flicker and twitch, deep, even breathing turning into soft rumbles that build low in his throat; steadily turning into purrs that slip past his lips. And when my hand comes to settle over his chest; fingertips chasing the strong steady thud of his heart, I also feel the deep rumble against my palm, feel it grounding and soothing and weighted.

Let my fingers come to rest against his sternum and feel the loose slump of his body, feely my wing shuffle and flap to cover him better, eyes drinking in his features smoothened and softened in sleep.

He might be a prowling panther, quiet and curious and alert, but like this; cheeks puffy and hair tousled and body anchoring mine, he's a kit.

My kit.

And when his eyes blink open a while later, sleepy narrowed slits peer unfocusedly at me, nosing at the inside of my wrist when I cup his jaw; nuzzling and curving to rub his cheek against my palm. Scenting gently.

"Morning hyung-ah." He mumbles, voice a rough low rumbled tone.

Nose brushing across the inside of my wrist, fingers looping around to keep my hand tilted towards him, slow sweeps as he layers on the sleepy heavy weight of his citrus onto my skin, chasing my own scent; the natural weak trail of pheromones layered with the vanilla I rubbed into skin.

"Morning kit. Sleep well?"

He hums.

"Your sheets smell really nice. Vanilla and cotton— like you and Kookie." He sleepily says, hand drawing the sheets around him with the intent to burrow deeper, lips curling into a loose smile, the tips of his fangs peeking out from under the soft pink.