Chapter 40- healing from hurts

Here's your trophy love of my life Midiiplier 🏆🥰

YOONGI POV:

I slip off my headphones, hands twisting the dials and sliding down the levers before I stretch, rubbing at my eyes, sighing at the small headache that had bloomed over the past few hours, a throbbing at the back of my skull that just wouldn't go. During the night it had stretched across, an ache building at my temples and no matter how much I rubbed my knuckles against it, it wasn't easing up at all.

I wondered whether Hobi and Tae had managed to drift off to sleep yet, whether the noise had woken Kookie or Jin hyung. Wondered whether (Y/N) was okay and whether Joon and Jiminie were too. The air had been sharp with eye-watering mint and heavy damp earthy musk when I'd stepped out of our room, not wanting to intrude when it was clear they had things to talk about.

It was a shame then that the sounds of yelling and arguing had slightly filtered through under our door. That the walls of the apartment couldn't quite muffle.

An argument because Joon and (Y/N) had come home late and that fidgetiness that Jiminie had had all night was because of it. Because of their absences.

Because he'd been fretting. Whether that was for Joon, for (Y/N) or for both.

And it had exploded behind a softly shut bedroom door, had made the air spark with charged pheromones; anger and hurt and rage seeping into the content cloud of scents that had seeped into the fibres of our home.

It had made Tae startle out of sleep, stripey tail getting unconsciously tighter around Hobi and eyes blinking up sleepily and confused. Ears twitching at the abrasive sounds of the argument, posture turning stiff and uncomfortable until it had descended into a hush. A quiet that felt foreboding and felt like a temporary calm. It had made Hobi's eyes glint as he reached to turn on the bedside lamp, ears twirling and twitching, lips pressed tight and scent going burnt.

I remembered pressing kisses to their temples and leaning down to nuzzle at their glands, pressing kisses there, rubbing a bit of my scent onto them before I'd quietly slipped out to work.

I groan, head dropping into my hands as I rub at my ears, trying to get comfort from the light touches but they flicker and twitch with sensitivity. And then perk at the quiet sound of the door opening.

My head rises to see (Y/N) peeking into the room tentatively, eyes wide and alert and lined with red, cheeks stained with dried tears. See her fingers peeking out from the hem of a baggy jumper. She looks vulnerable and as if she's still hurting. She looks uncertain, hovering over a threshold she's not sure she has the right to cross or not.

I smile softly at her, heart thudding a bit quicker.

"You can come in, I don't bite...not unless someone asks anyways." I say wryly, watching as her lips twitch, amusement flickering in those pained eyes as she steps in, sliding through and hovering still, one small step taken in.

"Am I that scary?" I ask quietly.

See her shake her head quickly and walk further in.

"I didn't want to be a burden...it seems like I've proven that though tonight." She adds ruefully, ears drooping slightly.

My instincts shift, unsettled, when her scent goes sad, pheromones seeping out in self-depreciative heavy waves.

I stand up, padding forward the rest of the distance to her.

"None of that. Joon wouldn't have made a choice without thinking it through and you have every right to do what you want. I trust the fawn in front of me." I say, hand going to cluck her gently under the chin, drawing her gaze up towards me.