Making Up (and Out) With Michelle

AMANDA'S POV

I struggle to open my eyes. The dream of a nurse kissing my cheek and coming in to check on me throughout the night slowly erases from my memory.

My head starts pounding and I try to lay on my back but I struggle.

I finally opened my eyes. I'm laying on my side. One of the first things I see is a bin on the side of the bed.

I slowly sit up rubbing my face trying to wake myself. I hold my head and look back and see a bunch of pillows stacked up.

I see now why I couldn't lay on my back.

I look at the nightstand and see the cure of this headache, a bottle of water and an advil.

I take the pill and move the pillows out of the way.

I lay down staring at the ceiling. I'm slowly drifting back to sleep.

I sit up in a quick motion realizing that I'm not in my room.

I instantly recognized the ceiling due how many times I've stared up at it while being with Michelle.

I look for my phone and it's still in my pocket. I'm still wearing what I had on yesterday minus the graduation robe. I took it off and left it in Ollie's car.

I call Ollie and she doesn't answer. She hasn't been picking up my calls lately.

I call Lisa and she also doesn't answer.

I think of what to do next. I know she has a bathroom here so I head there and throw water in my face to wake myself up.

I look for all my belongings and slowly open the door.

I poke my head out and look around.

I don't see Michelle.

I try to make as little sound as possible. I make it to the living room and I see Michelle sleeping on her couch.

I tippie toe past her and as soon as I grab the door handle I hear
"

Do you need a ride home?"

I quickly turn around and see Michelle rubbing her eyes. I can't help but notice how pretty she looks even with her messy bed hair.

"I was going to call Ollie to come pick me up."

"I think she had a busy night but you can wait for her here if you want."

"I...okay sure."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better now."

"You can use my bathroom to freshen up if you want. Your clothes are still in the closet. I'll make us something to eat in the meantime."

"Okay."

...

I take a shower and try to ignore all the memories that keep coming back to me, every minute I spend here.