Office Party

I take one last look in the mirror pulling up my dress trying to make it cover more of my breasts. I'm not used to wearing clothes that show a lot of cleavage. It's also very tight and I usually wear loose clothing to hide my stomach.

I step out of the bathroom and I see Michelle putting on her earrings. She's wearing a see through cream satin business shirt unbuttoned just enough to show her lacy corset top. Her high waisted black pants compliment her long legs and with her black heels she towers over me even though I'm also wearing heels.
She had styled her hair wavy and put on some natural makeup.

She tilts her head putting on the last earring on her right ear.

She smiles as soon as she sees me.

"Wow, Amanda you look beautiful."

"Thank you." I say pulling at the fabric around my stomach.

Michelle narrows her eyes and then says "Are you comfortable wearing that dress? You don't have to wear it if you don't feel comfortable."

The truth is that I don't really feel comfortable but Michelle really likes it. I can wear it for one night.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

Michelle narrows her eyes again.
Does she know I'm lying?

"You don't have to do this for me. If you don't feel comfortable we can do something else."

Wow, is she psychic?

"I'm good, really and you look pretty by the way."

"Thank you! Should we get going?"

We drive to her work place and when we arrived Michelle shows me around her office and then we walk to the break room. It's a big room. The other break room I've seen has been the one at my mother's job and it's just a fridge and table in a corner of the room.

As soon as we walked in, a beautiful black woman with long dreadlocks in a beautiful floral dress quickly approached us.

"Hey! Michelle, glad you are here."

She kisses Michelle on both cheeks and then they hug for longer than I care for.

They stopped hugging but didn't let go of each other. The woman's hand is resting on Michelle's lower back as they talk.

I clear my throat to get Michelle's attention but she doesn't seem to notice. I clear my throat louder, possibly too loud since other people turned to look at me.

My face turns red and I look at the floor.

"Oh ah, this is Amanda. Linda's daughter. Amanda, this is my supervisor Chandice."

"Hi Amanda, nice to meet you."

She offers her hand for me to shake but I just give her a quick wave and the coldest "Hi." I've ever given anyone.

She smiles and says "She really is Linda's daughter."

"Yeah, Haha."