Chapter 4: Regrets

You are standing next to a vending machine with Yang.

Yang: "So, the other members of my team are coming back in a few days. I can't wait to tell them about you. Or maybe they'll hear the rumors about you?"

"There's a rumor about me?"

Yang: "Yeah, but it's a really good one. They call you the huntsman that protects people even though you have no interest in payment."

"I just felt that protecting lives is far better than any monetary gain."

Yang: "You are allowed to expect money. It isn't wrong for Huntsmen and Huntresses to be rewarded money."

Yang's stomach growled and she bought a snack from the vending machine.

Yang: "Good thing we were right next to this."

"That's kind of the reason I'm against having money for a reward."

Yang: "How so?"

"In Shade Academy, I was in a team. We did well, and everybody saw potential in us."

Yang: "See what I mean? There's no harm in that."

"Yeah, unless the leader of the team was impulsive and arrogant."

Yang: "Oh yeah. that makes sense. What happened?"

"The leader thought he had all the answers all the time. Did nothing but demand and expected everything to go his way. Until a mistake ended up costing him everything. From that point on, something changed in him, albeit one that happened too late."

Yang: "Well, I hope he learned his lesson. Who knows? Maybe he'll be a better person. Just hope nobody rubs salt in the wound."

"Yeah."

Yang received a text on her scroll.

Yang: "Well, I gotta go. It was nice seeing you again Y/N. Can't wait to do another mission with you."

"Take care, Yang."

Yang smiles and walked away. You then walked out to the harbor and looked at the water.

"Yang, you still have those that you care about," you said to yourself. "I'm jealous. If only I had learned my lesson before I burned it all down."