Chapter 7: Mistakes

You and Yang rode your bikes down the path leading to Vale and park to stretch your legs for a bit.

Yang: "I'm having mixed feelings about sleeping outside. I slept like a rock, it just sort of reminds me of my own mistake I made long ago."

"I'm sure we all did. But I bet yours don't come close to the ones I've made."

Yang: "Some of them do. My mom left me before I was born. I spent years trying to search for her. When I thought I had a lead, I took Ruby with me and searched the woods. When we tried to rest, Ruby was nearly killed by a Grimm. I was lucky that my uncle was there to save us. I basically put my own sister in danger over something stupid."

"At least you try to make up for it."

Yang: "Yes and no. When Beacon got attacked, I lost my arm and was so depressed by the loss of everything, I refused to stop Ruby when she left for Haven. Then I kept denying that Blake had valid reasons why she left after the attack. And then I evolved to not being able to stand on my own without arguing with others calling out on me. And when we all ended up in some strange place, I ignored my own sister's mental state even though all the signs were there. When I realized everything was beyond my control, I broke down and ended up in denial. Then we got back and began finishing what we started."

"So, we both faced the consequences of our actions. At least you lost one limb during all those events."

You move your right arm and legs, reminding both of them what you lost.

Yang: "I would have given my legs if it meant learning to put my sister before me. To be honest, I think I was in constant denial ever since all that started."

"At least you made up for it."

Yang: "Wish I could have done it before I caused the problems. A few months after everything was resolved, me and Blake broke up since we needed to find ourselves after all of that."

"You're similar to me in some ways."

Yang: "We both told our stories of what led us to this point. And here we are, just driving from place to place without any real destination and hoping to forget the really bad parts of what we hated."

"Yang?"

Yang: "What is it, Y/N?"

"I think... I'm going to go look for my former teammates."

Yang: "Really?"

"No guarantees they'll forgive me, but I think me giving a sincere apology is long over for them."

Yang smiled.

Yang: "Want me to come with you? Just to give you a kick in the right direction when you need it."

"I would like that. One of them lives in Mistral. Up for another visit?"

Yang: "Sure. Just let me visit my family again. We'll leave after that."

"Take your time."

You and Yang start up your bikes and continue driving to Vale.