Reticent

The sound of a wooden door opening captured (Y/n)'s attention as he lifted his (E/c) eyes to see the figure that had decided to enter his office.

Cyno stared at his brother in silent worry, seeing the tiredness that danced in the once familiar bright shade of (E/c) that were now dull.

(Y/n) raised a questioning brow. "Did you sneak in again, knowing that you're not supposed to be here?" He asked.

Cyno rolled his eyes as he closed and locked the door behind him.

The Mahamatra then walked up to the desk and stood in front of the other.

"You read my letter, right? Then you know why I'm here," Cyno states.

The (H/c)-haired male hummed lightly as he nodded his head.

Crouching, (Y/n) looked for what Cyno needed for a few moments before placing a file on his desk.

"This is all the copies that I currently have copied from the original. I thought we were going to send messages through your messenger?" The male questioned.

Cyno shook his head as he brought the file into his hands. "It...needed a break," he lied.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes, but didn't question why Cyno was lying to him.

"How is the plan going?" The (H/c)-haired male whispered.

Cyno sighed heavily as he lowered his voice. "Not bad. We're planning on having the Traveler gets caught, but break them out with Nilou as a distraction," he murmured.

(Y/n) stared for a few moments before humming.

"I would love to help you guys..." He trailed off.

Cyno scoffed lowly. "You are helping us," he retorted.

"Uh-huh," (Y/n) mumbled as he turned his eyes away.

The Mahamatra frowned even more when he saw the familiar look in his brother's eyes.

"Once this is all over with, I'll take you, Collei, and Tighnari out for dinner," Cyno states.

The other male blinked at his brother's words.

"Are you willing to pay?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Of course," Cyno answered.

(Y/n) nodded his head as he turned his gaze back to the figure in front of him.

"You should be heading back now. Tell Nilou and Alhaitham I said hi," (Y/n) replied.

Cyno nodded his head, before leaving.

(Y/n) released a weak chuckle from his lips as he dropped straight onto his seat.

He rested his right cheek onto a closed fist as he stared forward.

'This week is fucking tiring.' (Y/n) mused with a small frown dancing upon his lips.

✧˖*°࿐

Scaramouche raised a brow as he looked around the room, looking for a figure with (H/c)-haired locks.

"Where the hell is he?" Scaramouche grumbled under his breath.

"Balladeer, sir... Are you looking for (Y/n)?" A Fatui member asked.

Scaramouche jerked his head in the direction of the Fatui member that had spoken up.

"Where is that idiot called an engineer?" Scaramouche asked in a rude voice.

The Fatui member stiffened and stood straight up.

"He said that he had a meeting with someone. He told us it wouldn't last long, and said to continue what we already have before he gets here," the Fatui member answered.

'A meeting? Who would want to have a meeting with that idiot?' Scaramouche thought in disbelief, not wanting to believe that someone wanted to talk with someone that despised him.

But he couldn't lie.

He despised the male as well.

The Fatui member then looked over at the giant robot.

"We were able to finish off the legs of your robot, sir. We're currently working on the upper part," the Fatui member explained.

A smirk grew on Scaramouche's lips.

"Wonderful."