Lunch "Date": Part II

Enteka came walking over to (Y/n) and Scaramouche's table, setting down the food that the duo had ordered fifteen minutes ago.

"Thanks so much, Enteka," (Y/n) graciously thanked the female who sent him a quick smile.

"You're welcome," she replied before heading back to stand behind the counter once more, waiting for any more customers to come through the café's front door.

(Y/n) was the first one to take a bite from the food that sat in front of him on the table.

Scaramouche stared at the food with a blank look on his face, wondering what the hell this weird dish is.

The (H/c)-haired male made no intention to start a conversation with a figure he didn't like.

Honestly, he'd rather be with his brother and Tighnari as of right now.

But no, (Y/n) was acting as a spy for the group that Cyno had miraculously joined under the supervision of both the Traveler and Alhaitham's help.

Scaramouche finally decided to take a bite of the food even though he didn't even need to eat.

(E/c) hues stayed upon the food that their owner quietly ate away at, the said male remembering the message that he had sent toward a certain sage.

(Y/n) reached a handout and grabbed his cup of (F/d) before bringing it up to his lips, ignoring the stare that was being sent to him.

"Why the hell are you still staring at me? In all honesty, I don't even know why you followed me here." (Y/n) finally says as a tired sigh escapes his lips.

Scaramouche scoffed. "We're business partners for now, aren't we?" He retorted.

(Y/n) raised a brow at that sentence. "Yes, but that's while we're inside of my workshop. Outside of it, however, is a different story. We're nothing but strangers," he replied as he took a sip of his drink.

Scaramouche raised a brow at the taller in front of him.

Muttering something under his breath, (Y/n) made full eye contact with the other.

"Look, Scaramouche, or whatever your real name is. We're nothing but strangers and business partners. I can tell you want to kill me, but sadly, you can't seeing as I'm the only one who was FORCEFULLY pushed into taking this job offer by the Sage since I don't wanna lose the job I've had since leaving the Akademiya. You wanna kill me in the end? Sure, go ahead. I don't care," (Y/n) snipped in a ticked-off tone.

Leaning back into his chair, (Y/n) crossed his arms over his chest while taking another sip at his drink, keeping a calculating gaze on Scaramouche's figure.

Scaramouche gritted his teeth as he finished off the food and drink he had on his side of the table.

"All in all, in the end...we're just two sides of the same coin with different achievements we're actively trying to head towards. You stay on your side of the coin, and I'll stay on my side. Capeesh? Capeesh. Good, this conversation is now over with," (Y/n) bluntly states.

✧˖*°࿐

With twenty minutes left of the break, (Y/n) decided to walk around the city for a bit... with Scaramouche trailing after him in angry mumbles.

(Y/n) stayed walking in the front, ignoring the strange and worried looks that were sent toward him by people in the streets.

They all knew who he was seeing as he had helped a certain architect build the Kshahrewar Darshan.

Without somehow becoming indebted like the said architect.

As of now, (Y/n)'s right eye was twitching in nothing but pure annoyance.

Just why the hell wasn't Scaramouche shutting up? They left the café barely ten minutes ago!

Coming to a stop uncalculated stop, Scaramouche didn't realize the (H/c)-haired figure had stopped walking until he had walked face-first into the said male's back.

Crickets started to chirp as silence broke throughout the streets as everyone turned toward the duo.

For some odd reason, they felt bad for Scaramouche, but they felt even worse for (Y/n).

Without even looking, (Y/n) harshly grabbed Scaramouche's wrist and tugged the shorter in the direction of a more quiet and dead street.

Scaramouche snarled at the (H/c)-haired male as the two of them entered a very quiet side street.

(Y/n) lightly tossed the shorter to a random wall, not wanting to injure the harbinger despite being annoyed at the said figure.

(E/c) eyes blazed with fury as their owner landed on the indigo-eyed male.

"You really love trying to piss me off, don't you? Well, you got your damn wish. Happy now? Why don't you just shut the hell up and stop complaining? Not everyone that you think that should be looking up at you like a damned savior would do that. Yes, we have archons and gods. But do we give a damn? Oh, hell no we don't! So why should we, as a Nation, believe that you could be our "god" and "supposed savior"? Huh? Answer me that," (Y/n) hissed out.

Scaramouche took in the questions that (Y/n) was asking him to answer.

With a scoff, the (H/c)-haired male clenched his hands to his sides.

"Seeing as you can't seem to answer... you know what? Tell your group that they have the rest of the day off. I can't handle your snobby ass attitude right now," (Y/n) grumbled before leaving the side street.

"Where the hell are you going!?" Scaramouche finally shouted.

"Somewhere far from fucking here, of course! And don't you dare follow me because I don't wanna see your face for the rest of the day!" (Y/n) retorted back before disappearing into the crowd.

Scaramouche growled under his breath. "Just who in the hell does that man think he is? He's nothing but a puppet on a string to do my bidding," he hissed.