𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘

Start from the beginning

"I saw how your face lights up each time the idea of a baby is mentioned, and the way you just looked at Diharí..." He finally began his question as he recalled making me tense.

"Dylan, are you open to the idea of having a baby right now?" He finally came out with causing my breath to hitch.

"Wow, you just said that....listen I'm not sure if that's—" I stuttered out as I held my hands before me defensively.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I know we've never really gone into depth in the discussion. I don't want to seem like this is a deal breaker or anything." He quickly explained as he was quick to take strides towards me.

"No, it's not like I'm entirely opposed to the idea Jay, I would love to have kids with you." I chuckled breathlessly as I took the last few steps keeping us apart.

"So, what exactly has you looking like that's the worst thing I could've said to you?" He frowned as he tried his best not to look dejected on my behalf.

"Tell him....Tell him the truth." Dimitri muttered with a stinging abhorrence for the words that tied my tongue.

Stop tap-dancin' around the conversation.

"I-I'm leaving for my internship Jay." I revealed after a stretch of silence. My hands were holding his and with the flinch that racked through his body, you would've thought I burnt him.

"...What? I thought we had time? We haven't even had sometime to enjoy the peace Dyl, we haven't even finished our honeymoon." He voiced with frustration and confusion filling into the bond.

"I'm sorry, I know it's not the reason you wanted to hear. I swear it's not the only thing blocking us from taking this step. We just have so many other responsibilities." I started to elaborate while watching him grasp at my words.

"I mean babe, you just became a king. We are now in charge of an entire pack of people. I'm also duty bound to an entire future generation of students. I have to become a Head Master." I illustrated my point for him, trying my best to paint a pretty picture cast by an ugly shadow.

"I understand that, but will we ever find the time? Will we always keep pushing away each other and the idea of starting a family aside? All for the sake of our duties?" He further delved into the gritty questions I didn't want to ask.

I bit down on my lip and hugged my arms around my torso. He ran a hand over his head and took a deep breath. No doubt catching the mix of our stress and addled pheromones.

I didn't have all the answers for him, especially since it scared me to give the questions further thought.

"Who's to say we'll never find the time? Life is a long and complex journey. We're still young Jay, there's always the future." I assured as I shrugged with my arms pointed out. He gave me a reluctant nod before he steeped over to give me a hug.

"I love you." He whispered into the embrace before he pulled away, resting his hands on my hips.

"More than I could ever put into words. More then our unfinished story has room in the pages for." He concluded while pressing a delicate kiss to my mate bite.