𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

Nothing was fine.

There wasn't a damn thing my father and I discussed that was within the realm of 'fine'.

Quite frankly, a nuclear explosion seemed to be more kept together than we had been. That was a fucked up comparison, but that just goes to show how fucked we were.

But I'm the future king right?

The True Alpha of this pack of thousands, who is expected to keep the years of peace my forefathers set in place for generations to come.

Yeah, that's me....Jayden Adairis Beaumont.

"Fuck." I hissed out as I glanced at Dylan sleeping comfortably in his bed. We spent the night together, but I was so stressed out that it wasn't in the way you think.

He dragged me to the edge of his bed and was kissing my neck and pawing at my clothes in a way that usually had me rearing to go. Unfortunately after what happened today, I felt disgusted to even be in the safety of my palace when my people were none the wiser of the dangers out there.

Sure there were rogue rumors but if that cottage incident ever made newspaper headlines....The chaos would be unthinkable. Sometimes to know of danger is more dangerous than the actual threat.

Dylan thought I was taking this whole abstinence courting period more seriously so he simply kissed me and demanded cuddles. Little did he know that our pack is on the brink of a two front war.

Rogues and King Agwé.

In this lifetime I was hoping to face no enemies while I was on the throne. I just happened to be unlucky enough to face the two.

"Jay? Babe, why are you awake? It's so early, come back to bed." Dylan's sleep riddled voice called for me as he rested his hand on my back. He traced over the notches of my spine that lay just beneath the surface of my skin. I breathed out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

He caught me sitting at the edge of his bed with my hands cradling my head, I was in the middle of fighting off an aneurysm or something when his voice pulled me back to the present.

"We have a long day later, let's just sleep for now." He whispered against my nape, before he moved to pull me into his arms, climbing into my lap and allowing me to embrace him entirely.

I saw his hands glow softly against my skin and I'm not sure if it's because he was acting off instinct, or because he was privy to my thoughts of distress. All I know is the splitting headache was gone then, I was out like a light.

____________

I awoke to the sound of footsteps filling the room and chattering of what sounded like a small fleet of gossiping women.

Which was actually a pretty close guess to what had been actually happening.

The first thing I caught a glimpse of was the blinding sun peering in through Dylan's curtains. I chose this room for him mainly because I knew he liked vintage rooms but especially one with a view. Curtains from floor to ceiling usually blocked out his perfect overview of the castle gardens, but when it was morning they were split open. I'm sure he relished it.