"Chris, go back to the car and sit with Mom in the front. I think he's scared you're gonna hurt him." I say to Chris loud enough for him to hear me, but not loud enough to scare Andy.

Chris nods and goes back to the car, and I notice that Andy has started crying and moved further away.

"Sweetheart, it's okay. You won't be hurt anymore, okay? Can you tell me why you're here in the middle of nowhere?" I ask softly.

"Ran away." Is all Andy says, trying to stop himself from crying.

"From your dad?" I ask. Andy nods.
"Please don't- please don't make me go back." He whispers, crying a bit more.

"I won't, baby. How about you come with us? My mom is driving, and I know you don't know Chris or her, but I promise they won't hurt you. We'll help you, okay? How long have you been out here?" I say, moving a little closer to him.

"Don't know. A few days? Maybe a week?" Andy says.

"Come with me, sweetheart. We'll help you and keep you safe, okay?" I say as I hold my hand out to him.

Surprisingly, he takes my hand and I help him stand up. I can tell he's exhausted and weak, but he tries to follow me out of the ditch and to my mom's car. He takes a few steps, but then falls down, causing him to squeak in pain.

"Here, sweetheart, can I pick you up? I promise I won't hurt you." I ask as I go over to him.
He nods and holds his arms out to me. He wraps his arms around my neck and I carefully pick him up and carry him to the car. Chris gets out and opens the door so I can get Andy in the car. Once we're all in the car, Andy leans his head against me and holds my hand before falling asleep as we drive. While Andy's sleeping, I explain everything to my mom and Chris and they both agree that he can stay with us as long as he needs to.

We eventually get to our house after what felt like hours of driving, and both Andy and Chris are asleep. I flick Chris in the head from behind to wake him up, and he flips me off and mumbles "asshole" before getting out of the car. I carefully wake Andy up and he sits up and rubs his eyes.

"We're home, sweetie. Do you think you can walk to the house or do you want me to carry you?" I say as I get out.

"I think I can walk." Andy says and I help him out of the car. He clings to my arm as we walk in and looks around anxiously.

"This is your home now, okay? Anything you need, is yours. You don't have to ask, okay?" I say and Andy nods.

"Thank you." He whispers shyly.

"It's no problem, really. Here how about a shower? You've been out there a long time, you'll probably feel better after." I say and Andy nods.

I carefully lead him upstairs to the bathroom and show him how the shower works before leaving the bathroom, telling him to yell if he needs anything.

While he's in the shower, I ask Chris if Andy can borrow some of his clothes to wear, which Chris agrees. He gives me a pair of sweatpants as well as a batman shirt, which I leave on the counter in the bathroom for Andy.

"Rave, mom's ordering food. What do you want?" Chris yells to me as I'm unpacking in my room.

"Literally anything. I'm fucking starving." I yell back to him.

As I walk out of my room, I see Andy poking his head out of the bathroom, looking nervous.

"Do you need something, sweetie?" I say as I walk over to him.

"D-do you have a- um- longer shirt? Like- um- longer sleeves?" Andy whispers, sounding incredibly anxious.

"Yea for sure. Are you cold?" I ask, wondering if he's cold or if there's another reason he'd want a long sleeve when its almost 90° outside.