(Chapter 183) Hope.

The screams of the reapers' victims echo throughout the cosmic rift. Charas' eyes are as sharp as ever, completely overrun by determination. Vazroth smiles.

VTH: Soul Reaper, what a honor to battle against you!
CHR: Your time has come.
VTH: This has gotten interesting.

Vazroth dashes towards Chara and swings his blades. He relentlessly throws strike after strike. Chara swiftly skims both of his blades along the edge of her scythe and pins them to the ground, before delivering a hard punch to the face. Vazroth spits and overpowers Charas' scythe, pushing her back. He fires multiple beams, each getting sliced in half by his opponent. Chara digs her scythe into the ground and launches herself forwards. Vazroth summons tentacles out of the ground and grabs Chara in the air.

VTH: The mouse has been caught.
CHR: You're mistaken on who's hunting who here.

The tentacles are disintegrated and Chara lands a blow on Vazroth, slicing his body in half. He smiles as his body connects back together.

VTH: Is that all you g-?!
CHR: Siphon.

Vazroth looks down at his body, slowly eating away at itself. He quickly blows off that part with a beam and looks shocked. Frisk picks up on something and tries to stand up, but Rhett stops her.

RHT: You're too injured to get back into the fight!
FSK: No, something's off.
RHT: What do you mean?
FSK: There is no mention of a reaper in the prophecy, nor about any other combatants aside from the chosen one and the sacred.
RHT: You mean... that what's currently happening is outside of his beliefs?
FSK: And that's why we might have a chance.

Chara continues to clash attacks with Vazroth, but suddenly, a third arm spurts out of his body and charges up a massive amount of energy.

FSK: Chara, watch out!
CHR: (Shit, there's not enough time to dodge.)

Right before the beam fired, a slither of shining star flies across the battlefield and cuts Vazroths' arms off. Chara seizes this opportunity and digs her scythe deep into Vazroths' soul.

VTH: That's not gonna be enough to kill me!
*WHOOSH*
ASR: We know.

Asriel raises his palms into the air and concentrates all of his energy, summoning the worlds' most destructive weapon, the hyper goner. Vazroth grabs Chara by the throat and slams her into the ground, before flying towards Asriel in an attempt to stop the attack.

TWL: Not so fast!

Twilight appears out of thin air and cuts Vazroths' body into a million pieces, but he quickly regenerates and blasts her away. Jiguko manages to catch her before she could plummet to the ground. Chara and Frisk both stand back up and initiate an attack.

ASR: Only a bit longer!

Everyone has come together to stop Vazroths' last ditch effort, however it still isn't enough... but observing from afar, Noires' gaze widens.

NOR: So this is what they meant by potential... it feels like every cell in my body is telling me to charge into the battle, because amongst the chaos is where my power is the strongest!

Vazroth has almost reached Asriel but suddenly, his body gets dismembered.

VTH: (What is this!?)
NOR: As they always say, even background characters are important!

Frisk takes opportunity and thrusts her blade into Vazroths' back.

FSK: With the power bestowed upon me by my predecessors, you shall feel the wrath of the elements!

A storm of attacks surround Vazroth as lightning pulsates through his body, fire burns up his skin, water clogs his breathing, light blinds his sight and wind cuts his chances of survival.

VTH: Not yet!

Vazroth powers through the attacks and manages to latch onto the hyper goner. Everyone concentrates all of their power for one last attack.

FSK: Creations' point zero!
CHR: Reapers' soul steal!
NOR: Universal-Shattering Strike!
JGK: Scorching Abyss!
TWL: Harmonic Resonance!
ASR: Hyper Goner, Fire!

The clash of the universes' strongest beings causes the entire cosmos to shake, and after the dire power dies down, only one being remains standing. A bright light shines over the battlefield, as it slowly descends towards the ground.

VTH: The Soul Singularity.

Vazroth reaches out the palm of his hand, and turns towards the others.

VTH: The Singularity is the universes' strongest and weakest weapon, only created by the subsequent clashing of strong souls and resolves. The prophecy I mentioned before was made up entirely and everything until now has gone to plan, for me to achieve this. Thank you, Frisk and the others, because without you, this wouldn't be possible, and if you're thinking of trying to steal it, impossible. The Singularity isn't something that you can grab... it chooses its' host, the one with the strongest resolve, thus making them all-powerful, or in simpler terms... the singularity is the soul gods' heart, the very one responsible for the birth of the universe and souls.
SNG: He speaks the truth, and as much as I hate him, that is what must be done.

Vazroth embraces the singularity and the battle for universes' fate concludes, but Rhett stands up and faces Vazroth. He does not laugh, nor grin, but looks serious.

VTH: It's over. You stand no chance of victory.
RHT: I know, but dammit, I can't just leave it like that!

The others look at Rhett confused.

RHT: They fought with all their might to fix my mistakes!
FSK: Rhett...
RHT: I'll oppose you, even if the odds are stacked against me! For everything they fought for, I too will stand my ground and try and correct my wrong doings!
VTH: You disgust me.

Vazroth raises his finger and points towards Rhett, forming a single concentrated pellet. He fires, and the bullet goes right through Rhetts' heart. She drops to her knees and coughs up blood, but still pushes through the pain and stands back up.

VTH: Why won't you die..?
RHT: Because I promised everyone a better life, and I must follow through because all their hope is cast onto my shoulders!
SNG: I can't believe it.

Everyones' expression shifts.

SNG: He always mentioned that a lone being will be born out of darkness and hold the almighty power he possessed, but my judgement was wrong.
VTH: What are you talking about?!
SNG: She is the chosen one.
VTH: But they don't even bear a soul trait!
SNG: You're mistaken. They bear the most powerful trait, HOPE.

Rhetts' eyes glow a bright white light. The singularity tries to leave Vazroths' body but he forces it back. He laughs maniacally.

VTH: Hope or not, I possess the power of the almighty! You can't defeat me!

Rhett takes a step forwards as a bright light engulfs the universe, and casts upon it, a calming aura of balance, a more correct world has been brought out of the darkness.

End of Chapter 183
End of Soultale
"Hope"

[ The prophecy has been fulfilled. ]

-- Extra Soul Trivia! --
-- Did ya know? --
Soultale took 9 months to finish!