Chapter 26

Yuu was already done showering and wearing the pyjamas Riddle gave them. Since their body figures are the same type, the clothes perfectly fit him, though they're a bit loose to assure comfort.

Their hair was slightly wet since they were busy trying to dry Grim's short fur. Grim's teeth were chattering while his body was trembling from the coldness of Riddle's room.

"W-w-why i-is it s-so so c-cold?" Grim positioned his body into a loaf while Yuu dried his fur off.

Yuu wouldn't allow his damp fur to ruin Riddle's bed and make him angry, so he tried their best to dry him up.

By the time Yuu had successfully dried them, Riddle finally came into the room while sporting a serious face. Yuu didn't ask him what he did to those two, though they did wonder.

Riddle gaze went to both of them, though it stayed on Yuu far longer.

"...?"

"You look good in those pyjamas. It fits you." His voice was light and his tense facial muscles relaxed. When he said that, he immediately turned away with red tinted cheeks.

Yuu looked down at their outfits and nodded. "Ah, thank you."

Yuu's gaze then shifted to his hand and then to him. It was a subtle movement, but Riddle immediately noticed it since he had been eyeing Yuu this whole time.

"Hm? Did you need something?"

"...Where do I put this?" Yuu lifted the wet towel on their hand. Grim had already wandered off and stretched himself on the Riddle's bed, ready to snooze off.

"Ah, just hang it on the rack in the bathroom. There is magic casted on it so that it can create heat to dry it off."

Yuu nodded and murmured a 'thank you' before finding the said rack. Once done hanging the wet towels off, Yuu found themself and Riddle standing up and looking at each other while Yuu kept averting their gaze from him every few seconds.

He looked a bit conflicted, unsure how to go on after this. Yuu, too, was also unsure. They don't know what to do or say. Yuu once had a sleepover, yes, but it's the duo coming over instead of Yuu.

Should they just make themself comfortable and save themself the trouble?

"Do you have homework to do? Bedtime is at ten; it's nine thirty-seven right now. I could help you if you're struggling," Riddle broke the silent atmosphere first after noticing Yuu's discomfort.

Yuu respond by shaking their head and simply said, "None."

Riddle nodded his head in understanding. He had nothing to do too since he already finished his work earlier, so the only thing left to do is going to bed.

He stiffened once more. He was not actually ready to share his bed with Yuu. Riddle gulped. He has to toughen himself up; there's no way he's going to kick them out.

"...Well then, seeing as we have nothing else to do, Bedtime will be early." He blinked at the lump of gray at the foot of the bed and said, "It seems Grim had already passed out."

Riddle slowly approached his bed. He took the one on the left side where it's next to a desk and a grandfather clock.

He climbed into his bed first before motioning for Yuu, who had been standing next to the other side of the bed and was still watching him, to join him.

Yuu heeded him, and Riddle can't help but think how Yuu appeared to not be disturb by it. Yuu was too fine sharing a bed and that msde him a nervous wreck.

The bed is so huge that even if they lay down on their own prespective sides, one of them had to extend their arm to reach the person beside them. It didn't help that they were both also tiny.