Chapter 20

"Are you two all set?" Questioned Jade who have been waiting patiently for them right by the door. He eyed the small bag Yuu carried in their arms curiously.

Their bag was small yet round filled with their daily stuff and Grim's tuna. It was not their beg actually. They found it in the closet in one of the rooms before and thought that it was in a good condition and kept it.

They never thought this bag that they had found will come to handy one day.

Floyd who was lounging on the couch earlier followed Yuu and joined Jade. He raised one of his hand and wave lazily at them, "Peace, Little Shrimpy and Baby Seal! See you around!"

"And if you're in need of lodgings, feel free to come and speak with us. Reservations for guest rooms in Octavinelle Dorm start at 100 thaumarks a night." Added Jade. Without waiting any responds, Jade closed the door with a loud bang after Floyd went in.

The noise was loud especially since it's at dead at night where only crickets made sounds and rustles of the tree from the breeze.

Grim, upon processing that Floyd had given him a nickname threw a fit. He banged on the door repeatedly, "Hey! Wait! Say that to my face! NOBODY CALLS ME A BABY SEEEAAAL!"

Sometimes, Yuu wondered what's Grim's priorities are.

A cold wind suddenly passed by and made Grim shivered so much he stopped banging on the door to hug himself.

"Brr... Guess we're roughin' it tonight. This stinks." He huffed while he rubbed his paws together to make warmth from the friction.

Yuu blinked when they realised that Grim's fur was still wet so Grim's attempt to try warm to himself is useless.

"Come here." said Yuu, bending a little bit. Grim walked toward them so Yuu can scooped him into their arm.

Grim nuzzled deeper for more warmth, covering his face by the crook of Yuu's neck. Yuu wrapped their blazers around him, acting like a blanket before using their arms to support his weight.

They were cold too but they already gotten used to it a long time ago due to sleeping in the woods at night with no shelter and all but tonight seemed to be much more colder.

'What month is this? Is it almost winter?'

"Hey, henchman. Why are we going to town?" Grim mumbled.

"To find a place to live in for a while." Replied Yuu quietly after sensing that Grim was about to fall asleep.

They pet him, encouraging him to sleep. "You can go to sleep, Grim. I'll handle this."

"Myaaah...."

Yuu wasn't aware how warm Grim actually was despite being drenched. The weight on the crook of their neck, the chest and way they hugged him. The sensation felt familiar and... nostalgic.

They have done this before. There was a phantom sensation of being hugged back by a figure and the warmth that seeped into their skin, making them felt the illusion that they weren't cold in the first place.

Their eyes unfocused and became more dull that even the light that came from the moon somehow did not reflected in their eyes. The illusion of that person began to take form and replaced Grim.

Their feet stopped in place. That person is hugging them and they felt like they're suffocating even if it wasn't tight.

"Yuu..."

"Yuu!"

"YUU!"

A bright flash and a loud noise prompted Yuu to squeeze their eyes, the illusion vanished into nothing and their arms have long gone slackened, no longer carrying Grim.