Chapter 29

Sitting rather proudly, Azul Ashengrotto smirked when he saw the time. The hands of the clock continued to move, slowly yet certainly reaching the deadline in a matter of hours and a good few minutes.

He was alone currently; the Tweels were not by their side, unlike usual, as Azul had sent them both on their mission.

They were gone for a long time. It must meant that Azul was correct about his assumption. The prefect of the Ramshackle Dorm had a plan to go to the museum today.

He doubted they would succeed, he really did.

"Heh..." Azul let out a chuckle, showing pearly white teeth when he grinned victoriously. "It seems Jade and Floyd have matters well in hand. Now, Ramshackle Dorm and the photo are as good as mine. Hm hm hm... Ha ha ha ha ha!"

His moment was interrupted by a series of frantic knockings on the door. He cast a look of displeasure when one of his employees, as well as a member of his dorm, opened the door hurriedly.

"Pardon me, Mr. Manager!" he cried out.

"What is it, and where's your indoor voice?" Azul asked sharply, not too pleased with the interruption.

The student lowered his head bashfully and then answered them with a meek tone that's almost borderline a whisper at the end, "Sorry, sir. The Mostro Lounge is dealing with a problem right now..."

"Of what nature?" Azul raised an eyebrow, a bit too calm as if the situation was of no importance.

"Some customers are arguing and getting rowdy, and Jade and Floyd are out right now..."

"Really, now. What kind of unmannerly lout starts a scene in a dining establishment? Very well. I'll be right there. I'm sure Jade and Floyd will handle things well enough on their own. Dear me..."

Azul normally did not interfere when this kind of thing happened, as there are even more important things to do unless it's more serious and requires their whole attention. It is mostly Jade and Floyd who deal with this with a few words here and there and maybe some broken bones in it too.

But since he's the only one here at the moment, he will deal with it. Not that he's unwilling; it is his business, after all.

Azul strutted to the Mostro Lounge and found himself frozen in his tracks and speechless at the chaos currently happening before him.

"What is the meaning of this? We've barely opened our doors for the day. How is everything already in such disarray?!" He shouted, making the student earlier flinchrd at their harsh tone.

It appeared that the student was the only one affected, seeing as the remaining employees were scrambling all over the place trying to attend to the huge amount of unruly customers. Drinks spilled and food smeared the very precious tables and shiny floor. There were shoutings and laughters everywhere, mixing them together into a deafening noise that assaulted their ears.

"HEY! I want my drink, and I want it NOW!" A Savanaclaw student smacked both of his hands on the table like a child.

"Hah! First come, first serve!" Someone cheered but got muffled by something Azul couldn't tell, but they sounded indignant.

Meanwhile, another was singing about meat merrily and repetitively followed by shrill laughter that was just plain annoying.

"Sir, please! It's not your food!" Somewhere in there, someone shouted with anger.

"Hey, that's MY meat! I ordered that!" Another stood up and growled. His approach was met with equal hostility from the other.

And then, brawling began, and suddenly, everyone is fighting and cheering.