Chapter 8

Yuu rubbed their tired eyes, they had a dream last night. They couldn't remember everything but they do remember that a blonde girl was saying something to the Queen of Heart.

Those words enraged the Queen and thousands of living human cards came raining down on her.

It sounded nonsense with those descriptions but that is how dreams goes.

They yawned as they followed the trio to the Heartslabyul dorm in a slow pace, making Yuu a few meter away from them.

They didn't have a good sleep since the collar is annoying and made their neck sore. They would have slept more but apparently Ace and Grim was too hyped up that they woke up early and woke them up.

As soon as they reached the rose maze, chatters of the heartslabyul students can be heard.

"Did you hear? They say someone's challenged Housewarden Rosehearts to a duel!"

"Riddle Rosehearts? Seriously?! Whoever it is has gotta be outta his mind. Riddle will have his head off in five seconds flat."

"Still, it's the first challenge since Rosehearts took power. I'm pumped!"

Apparently news travel quickly. Some of the students already gathered where the place of duel was held.

To witness a new 'Queen' taking the throne or to witness a failure of another subject that challenged the 'Queen', only time will tell.

The ADeuce duo looked a bit nervous but their determination shone through enough to make them looked brave.

A good few meter away from them, Yuu spotted Trey and Cater together, whispering to each other.

Cater with a disbelief and anxious face and Trey with resignation and worry. Yuu assumed they were talking about the duel since they looked like that. They walked over once they spotted the ADeuce duo.

"Of all the stupid ideas... I just hope this doesn't make everything worse."

Yuu vaguely heard Cater said that followed by Trey who absolutely agreed with him.

Indeed, it was really a stupid idea because this plan to overthrow the so called 'Queen of Hearts' by dueling with him sounds ridiculous. Although Yuu haven't seen how powerful Riddle magic, the facts that the seniors haven't challenged him speak for itself.

Yuu knew that Ace and Deuce magic were not powerful even if they were combined. It will be a disaster if the plan failed.

The fact that they have come to this situation came from the fact that Ace can't bring himself to apologize to him again.

It sounded stupid and it will be better if he had just apologized again but Yuu cannot find fault in Ace considering Riddle himself was the one who rejected the hardwork and apology.

Everyone will find it harder to say sorry if they were not in the wrong.

But this was the only choice if it mean to stop Riddle and getting rid of the collars.

Riddle showed up a few second later along with the headmaster. He glanced at the ones that dared to challenge him and his face openly displayed his displeasure.

The headmaster coughed at his fist to gain the attention of the students before announcing,"We are about to commence two challenges for the housewarden position at Heartslabyul House."

Crowley gestured to Ace and Deuce and then to Riddle dramatically, "The first challenger is Ace Trappola. The second challenger is Deuce Spade. The current housewarden they have challenged is Riddle Rosehearts."