Her father looked angry but he would be fine. She loved her father and he loved her, so she knew that her father was just worried. Then she looked at Sam. He looked completely different from the way he looked in college. He looked like an adult. She couldn't move much so she decided to just look around.

The place was weird for an office, one thing was that the floor was grass and there were beautiful things all over it. Those must be flowers, but she had never seen a real one in her life so there was no way to be sure. But wasn't planting flowers outlawed? All the land that was left fertile was supposed to be used only to grow crops...Sam was looking at her.His eyes were the one thing that remained the same.

"I am a special man at a special place. I can plant anything I want as long as it's in here." Sam said.

Did I say that out loud? she thought.

"Yes, and that too", Sam said, a small smile tugging his lips.

He looked at her father, "Trust us, we don't plan on hurting her but I need to talk to her alone", his voice had an authoritative tone in it,like it was not really a suggestion but an order. Her father looked at her and nodded slightly in Sam's direction as he left.

Sarah felt some strength returning to her. Sam took a cup sort of thing with holes in it and started watering the plants. It felt like hours went by and her strength kept returning, her head growing clearer. She could hear the clock tick and after a point it started driving her crazy.

"I am not sorry", she said before going completely insane.

"I know", Sam said.

"So if you plan on killing me..." whatever she was going to say was cut off by a staunch "I don't", by Sam.

"What you did today ,was surprising ,to say the least", he gave her a quick glare as she started opening her mouth, then continued.

"You had some kind of an unknown force acting with you and there is no point hiding it. You seem to...Do unnatural things, something that hasn't happened for a long time and has never been a good thing", he paused and glanced at her, "help me make it a good thing"

Sarah tried to remember all she knew about Sam. He had been transferred to her college right after she had come back from the library. In that one month they had become quite good friends. They were nothing alike, except they shared the same exuberance towards adventure and danger.

"I know I don't have much of a choice. But tell me this, coming to our college was just a ruse, I know that. Was our friendship the same thing to you?" Sarah asked, looking at the flower since looking at him felt impossible. She had liked how he had followed her to the library two days ago, even though he had been scared and he was the one who had taken her back home when she had lost consciousness. Her step-mom had liked him and she had grown to like him too, the first real friend she had ,was only there to go after her angel, it made her feel betrayed, even though he had done no such thing.

"No", he whispered with a voice filled with so much sincerity ,that her eyes shot up and stared into his explicit honey coloured eyes,honey being something so rare that she only knew about it because her mother owned an antique shop.

"What do you want me to do?",she asked ,standing and almost falling ,then taking support of the table.

Sam gave her the flower, "You can start by telling me the truth".

Sarah trusted him with her life, not her angels'.

"We can exchange secrets"

"You are in no position to ask for mine!"