Rider vs. Pan (Part Two) // The Underworld

Начните с самого начала

"He's a child," he almost spat. 

Kyla's head cocked to the side, as if she was contemplating what he said. Pan, in the physical form, was a child, no more than 18, but he knew he was also Gold's father, which had to have made him older than he could comprehend. 

She shook her head, looking down. "How could I have been so stupid?" 

Rider's heart quickened. She seemed regretful. How he wished he could read her feelings like she could read his. 

"You're not stupid," he said softly.

"I am," she answered quickly. She met his eyes again. "I was stupid enough to fall for such a weak man." 

Rider froze. 

"I mean," she continued, "if he's just a child then how did he overpower you not once, but twice? You have no fight in you, no magic, no wits about you. You were kidnapped by a boy with no power, and here you are, tied to a chair after being knocked out by some powder? The only power you have comes from your mother's wand which barely works for you half the time."

"Kyla," he breathed, but he couldn't form anything other than her name. His heart was pounding through his chest as fear confounded him. 

"I'm the most powerful being in all the realms. How could I possibly be with someone as fragile as you? You're nothing Eugene," she said, almost spitting his given name. "And I don't need you." 

Rider ran through every possible scenario in his head. This had to be a trick. 

"What has he done to you?" Rider asked, desperate to free his hands just to touch her skin. Whatever spell he had her under, he thought he could break it with any sign of affection. "We've shared True Love's Kiss. What spell has he put you under?" 

"No spell, laddie," Pan's voice sneered from beyond the curtain. Rider peeled his eyes off of Kyla's as he looked at the boy appearing in the room. "She's just finally seen her worth and what lies ahead of her in a world where she rules." 

"You're not a villain, Kyla," Rider said, another attempt to break her out of the spell. She sighed, as if reading his thoughts. 

"Maybe I am. I'm not under a spell, Rider," she said, standing and walking to Pan's side. "I'm sorry that we were under the ruse of True Love. I'm sorry that this is hurting your heart. I can still feel it and it doesn't make me happy. But Peter does. He's going to give me what I deserve," she looked at Pan and smiled endearingly. Pan pulled her close by her waist and kissed her cheek. Rider, again, struggled at the ropes. 

"You can't," he pleaded. "Kyla, I love you." 

"Her name is Rapunzel," Pan snapped, echoing his statement from earlier. 

"I'm sorry, Rider," she said again. No emotion. No remorse. Nothing. 

Kyla was gone. 

"However," she said, pulling from Pan, who wore a sinister smirk on his face, "there is one more thing I need from you." 

Rider tensed as she moved closer. He didn't speak. He didn't move. He just watched her intently. 

"In order for us to make a home in Storybrooke, Pan needs a heart."

"No," Rider gasped. 

Kyla took in a deep breath and exhaled. "I'm sorry," she whispered as she plunged her hand into Rider's chest. 

Rider's eyes shot open, gasping for air that wouldn't come. His heart was pounding wildly and he could hear it in his ears. There was a hand on his shoulder, but he struggled against it, disoriented. He closed his eyes, shaking his head profusely. His mind was swirling as a voice spoke to him.