Rehearsals Part 2

Buster heard his sister scream and quickly went up the stairs. Arriving, he saw (Y/N) with her arms crossed and tapping her foot.
"Yes, little sister?", he asked nervously.
"Can you explain me this?", she pointed at Johnny in the office.
"Well, I was wondering if you helped Johnny, it would help you fight against your past."
She sighed, "Buster, it was already difficult for me to choose him as a contestant, now it's going to be more and more difficult for me to help him play the piano. Do you want me to have panic attacks again?"
"No, of course not, but ..."
"Then ask Miss Crawly to help him. If you need me, I'm going to take some fresh air."
She walked towards the stairs.
"Do you remember what Dad said before he died?"
She stopped. She did remember but it made her upset because the koala who adopted her wasn't here anymore.
"Fight against your past!", she said.
"Exactly, and Dad would be proud to see you fight."
For a moment, none of the two said something but then Johnny came out.
"I'm ready to rehearse, Miss Moon."
"Johnny, my sister isn't feeling very good, so ...", Buster said but got interrupted.
"In the piano stool, there is a book for beginners. Play some of the notes. I'll be right there. Alright, Johnny?"
Buster was shocked at (Y/N)'s change of mind.
"Yes, Miss Moon."
She nodded and went down the stairs. Outside, she took a deep breath as tears began to fall down her cheeks.

I'm doing this for you, Dad.

-----------------

Rosita and Gunter entered their rehearsal room.
"I think we'll probably have a better chance of winning if I do the singing part and leave the dancing part to you.", Rosita suggested.
"Bah! Are you joking me?", Gunter said warming up, "You are just in need of, like, a super cool warm-up."
He switch on the radio.
"Come on! Let's take off these clothes!", he took of his jogging.
"That, that is not necessary.", Rosita said looking away but she took a peak at him, "Oh! That is a lot of skin."
Gunter had a red sparkling spandex on.
"Ah don't you look so worried face! I've got one for you, too!"
He took one for Rosita out his backpack.
Then Mike came in, "Hey, porky! Keep it down, will ya!", he yelled as slammed the door shut.
"Sorry."

-----------------

Ash came out of her room looking at the list in confusion.
"Hey, Moon, you gave me the wrong list. Cheesy pop's not exactly my style."
"Style! I'm glad you brought that up. Now, let's see..."
He took out a pink tutu from the garderobe, "There!", but Ash shuddered at the cloth, "Isn't this a great color for you?"
"I can't tell. It's melting my eyes. You got anything in black?"
"Black? What, you want everyone to think you're going to a funeral? You think you're some kind of artsy-fartsy type? No, no, no. Bingo! Pop star princess!"
He took out a sparkling light purple dress.

-----------------

(Y/N) entered the office where Johnny was learning the notes from the book.
"How's it going, Johnny?"
"I don't know, even if it's a beginner book, it's still a bit difficult."
"Don't worry, I was exactly like you when I started playing."
Suddenly the lights went out.
"What's going on, Miss Moon?"
"I don't know."
She walked out and down the stairs.
"Okay, everybody, don't panic. Don't panic.", Buster reassured as all the contestant came out, "Talk to me, Crawly."
"When did we last pay the power company, Mr. Moon.", she walked around not finding her way but then touched Buster's face.
"Oh, for Pete's sake."
"I'm so sorry, big bro. I totally forget.", (Y/N) sighed.
"Okay, don't worry, everybody. I will take care of this. In the meantime, you will continue to rehearse in the dark."
"What?, Ash exclaimed.
"But I can't see anything.", Rosita said.
"Don't you worry, Rosita. I have glow sticks.", Gunter took them out and bended them so they glew.
"Great! Use this time to shake off those first inhibitions, and I'll be right back.", Buster went up the stairs.
"You got to be kidding me.", Mike complained.
"Okay, you heard him. Back to work now! Come on, everybody.", Miss Crawly said
Everyone went back to their rooms.

-----------------

Buster opened his office window and with the power cord, he slide around the theater as suddenly a part broke under his foot and fell to the ground.

"Sorry, old girl. I'll fix that."

He jumped to reach the ledge of the store but the cord being to short, he yelped as fell. Just at the moment, Meena walked towards the theater with a cake so she could audition again but shrieked as Buster appeared in front of her, the cord wrapped around his ankle.

"Hey.", he tried to reach the cord.
"Mr. Moon? You probably don't remember me, but I auditioned yesterday and I ...", Meena said but Buster interrupted her.
"Hey, listen. Do you think, maybe, you could reach the ledge?", he pointed at the ledge.
"That ledge?"
With her trunk, Meena lifted Buster up till landed on the ledge.
"Woah-oh. That's a heck of a trunk you've got there! Thanks a lot, kid."
Meena talked to him while looking at the notes on her hand.
"Uh, Mr. Moon? My name is Meena, and I baked a cake for you and, uh, I was wondering if you and Miss Moon, maybe, give me a second chance to ..."
"Just a moment, please.", Buster unplugged the cord out for the "O", "Be right with you.", he took the power cord and wanted to plug it with it was to short. He strained trying to plug it but then pulled the cord really hard that it span.

-----------------

The cord span around the office and suddenly it span underneath the piano stool where Johnny and (Y/N) sat. They screamed and fell, (Y/N) on top of Johnny. They both looked at each other with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Miss Moon.", Johnny apologized.
"It's okay. It's not your fault."
Then lights switch on again.

I'm going to kill that koala for that!

-----------------

Buster and Meena entered the theater to the backstage.
"Yep, mind your head here. Hey, can you pull up that scenic cable?", Buster asked.
"You mean this?", Meena pointed at it.
"Yes, that's it!"
Meena pulled the lever down with her trunk. The canvas went up revealing another one.
"Great. And the house lights?"
Meena did the same for the house lights. The light switch on revealing the theater.
"Wow."
"Oh, I know. Beautiful, isn't she? You know what, kid? How would you like to be a part of this show?"
Meena's face lit up in joy.
"Really? Wait, oh, my gosh, I was just gonna ask about that."
"Great! Because I could really use a stagehand."
Hearing those words, her face fell into sadness.
"Stagehand? But ..."
"Don't worry about it. You're gonna pick it up in no time. I'll teach you everything I know. Follow me."
Buster led her to the rehearsal rooms.
"These are the rehearsal spaces and dressing rooms and up here, we got workshops and the main office."
Meena looked around as all the contestant rehearsed for the competition.
"Awesome!", she praised.
"Awesome?"
She looked down seeing Mike at the stairs.
He scoffed, " Yeah, I think the word you're after is "awful". And that's me restraining myself. There's not an ounce of talent between them. Not an ounce. In fact, you know what? I think that prize is as good as mine already."
He ran towards the exit.