37

Although Sunoo's parents were busy with the heavy workload and debt, they still paid visits every once in a while. They usually paid the rent online while working away, so Sunoo wouldn't have to handle as much, but what they didn't know was that Sunoo had been paying the rent himself continuously.

A few days ago, the landlord barged inside the house, throwing a tantrum and arguing with the boy over the burdening rent. To which he had no choice but to nod and agree along. He worked extra hours, and his head would constantly hurt, but he had no choice.

"Welcome! Oh, hey!" Sunoo smiled as Heeseung approached the younger. But Sunoo noticed something different about him; he seemed to have bruise marks all over his arms. His eye was red and puffy.

"Hyung...what happened to you?" He paced toward the taller and gently grasped Heeseung's face. "Who did this...?" He whispered, eyes traveling all over his face.

"Sunoo, can I move in with you?" Heeseung's eyes were tearing up, and Sunoo understood. "Is...it's your father again?" He paused before glancing up and giving a quick peck. "Okay. You know you are welcome in my house anytime. My parents aren't home anyway." Sunoo smiled, rubbing soothing circles on Heeseung’s hands.

Heeseung stayed inside the café all day, and since it was their summer break, he decided to stay close to Sunoo. Heeseung would soon be heading off to college with Sunoo. Both males had applied to the same university, hoping to be accepted. Heeseung is majoring in business and accounting management, while Sunoo is majoring in journalism.

"Sunoo, let's go on a walk after your shift js over."

Sunoo nodded and continued making orders. The sun was about to set, and Heeseung had driven off somewhere, letting Sunoo work in silence.

Heeseung had received a message from his dad, informing him about a meet-up. His dad was unaware of the past events as he was busy investing and managing his company. 'I will tell him today..'

When he arrived home, he didn't bother greeting the maids and headed straight for his father's office. He knocked a few times and twisted the door knob when he heard his father mumble, signaling him to enter. He took a seat on the sofa in front of his office desk.

"Heeseung. It's been a while.." He spoke up, folding his arms above his chest. "Did I tell you about Wonyoung already?"

"Yes, you did. But I think I made it clear enough that I wasn't interested." He paused, thinking of ways to be formal enough with his words. "Actually, father... I wanted to tell you something."

His father's face tensed, anticipating something. " I am moving out. I already chose my major in the designated college, you said, and I have enough money for a place. You dont have to worry about me anymore."

Mr. Lee sat still for a few seconds, consuming the information. "What are you majoring in?" He asked after recollecting hus thoughts.  "Business, accounting management." Heeseung replied. There was a small part inside him, which was trembling with fear. The memories of his past were flowing back inside his head every time he faced his dad; he was scared his father would beat him the way he used to as a child. His hands were tightly clasped together, forming sweats, but he kept hus cool to seem brave—to look more confident.

"Heeseung... you should marry my partner's daughter. They will bring a great amount of wealth."

"No. And that's final. Mom isn't around anymore, and you will be marrying your fiancé. So you don't really need me anymore. "

"How do you know that? Aren't you going to be taking over my company. You already know we have planned a future for you and this company. You can't leave me behind."