30

Sunoo's eyes shot up due to the loud ringing of the alarm. He was back here again. It wasn't just a simple faded dream that he dearly wished it was. He heaved a sigh of relief when he glanced at the day on his phone. "I didn't even realize that it was Friday yesterday...gosh.." He loathed going to school and learning absolutely nothing at times.

He felt light-headed, and the warmth of the bed was engulfing his body. He felt drowsy, he glanced at the clock once again, and decided to sleep for a few more minutes because he had his job in an hour. While shifting in the midst of the sheets, his thoughts pictured Heeseung's lips attached to his.

"SHIT!" He abruptly sat back up on the bed, his body felt tingly all over. Something was going on inside his body as he imagined Heeseung's lips colliding with his. He scrambled all around the sheets and covered himself with the blanket. 'Why am I still on that? I should move on, he doesn't like me..clearly.' After blankly staring at the rooftop for several minutes, he decided to ease his head by physically waking up and preparing for his job before it begins.

The sunlight was radiating through the glass windows, portraying such a graceful sight for the boy. He headed to the kitchen, tracing footsteps while peering inside his parent's room, which had been neglected for days. He thought about cleaning the room and sending a picture to his parents to impress them–but the foresight of his dad crying replayed inside his head. 'He probably won't see it.' He shifted his gaze toward the kitchen cabinet, and landed on the last box of oatmeal resting inside.

After having a peaceful, quiet meal, he headed straight to work–head empty; nothing but the idea of reaching out to his parents—making enough money—Riki—everything except the image of Heeseung. He needs to ignore him whatsoever.

"Good morning Sunoo-ssi!" One of the workers preparing for the morning shift hollered out when he heard the bell chime from the front door, indicating someone's entrance. "Morning, Yujin-ssi!" He responded back while waving. Yujin has been Sunoo's coworker, and his best friend ever since he had started working at the cafe. They both had the same shift–Yujin a sophomore in college, while Sunoo was a senior in highschool.

"You're early today, what happened?" She asked while handing him a brown apron. "Ah, there was a lot on my mind, I guess..." He nervously chuckled while wearing the apron. After placing the apron around his neck, he struggled to tie it around his back–because he was very clumsy. Just then, the chime of the entrance door rang through the café, alarming Yujin, who was busy tying the belt behind.

"Welcome!" She responded while taking a slight glance at the customer. "It's almost done, Sunoo-ssi.." She tied a knot behind, while Sunoo's back was leaning near her.

Heeseung stopped in his tracks; his mind went black when he saw Sunoo's smiley face, and the distance between the two. 'Why is he smiling like a fool?' He rolled his eyes in exasperation, and headed to the counter to order. He was pissed off.

"Thanks Noona." He left out a soft giggle. "The ribbon is so complicated.." He said while facing the coffee machine. "Nah, it's fine. We have a customer, lemme take his order real quick, hmm." Sunoo hummed in response, and occupied himself with the machine.

"Hello, sir. What would you like today?"

"Hmm..." Sunoo's hands froze; his felt a electric buzz flow through his body. "Can I get a cup of Iced Americano?" Sunoo recognized the honey-like voice, but dared not to turn his gaze around, and meet his bambi eyes.

"Of course, anything else?"

"No, that'll be all. Thanks." Heeseung responded and waited for Sunoo to finally notice him. "Your order will be prepared in a few minutes."