21

After the bell had rung for the next class, Sunoo waved the others off and headed to his class. His head was spiraling with random thoughts about his parents, Heeseung, Riki—and the app. He pondered upon the thought and pulled out his phone to check if the app had been installed. He found the app useless and thought about deleting it immediately, but his curiosity got the best of him, and he decided to patiently wait and see what actually happens.

As someone with deep social anxiety, Sunoo never expected someone to actually be captivated by him. He had made friends, thanks to Riki, but the chance of someone having romantic feelings toward the younger felt impossible for him.

He opened the app and a bright beam of light shone upon his face. He turned the phone off in response to the dramatic app intro. 'Why is this app so dramatic?'

He continued walking to his class, gazing around the hallways. Most students were standing by the lockers, chit-chatting with the others, and some were plodding to class, while the others were lazing around.

He felt his phone vibrate so he pulled it out of the blazer pocket, and saw the notification of the weird app. 'Set up an account?' He tilted his head in confusion and carefully tapped the notification. He typed in his phone passcode, and the screen changed afterward—though, this time, there was no light. There was a small pink heart in the middle of around 3 to 4 white circles; the app design seemed somewhat plain and simple, contrary to the startling intro.

"Should I do it right now?" He questioned himself.

The loud ringing of the phones was now considered normal. There would be many confessions almost every day, and the majority couldn't quite hide their feelings anymore.

Although people's feelings weren't really private anymore, the app launched a system that varied whether or not someone wanted to reveal their feelings constantly. To enable this, the person needed to have a monthly subscription, or, the daily login completed every month—since the majority wanted to hide their feelings, but express them when needed.

At the top right corner of the app was the sign-up option. He directed his fingertip toward the top corner and clicked on the sign-up. The screen shifted, and the options for email, phone number, and personal information hovered up.

'Ok! I'll do it!'

He signed up and placed the phone back in his blazer pocket, walking inside of the classroom.

】★【

Heeseung was confused. 'Should I download the app as well? I mean, I deleted it a while ago–but...' His thoughts trailed off as he frustratedly sighed.

"Hyung, you good?" Jake worriedly asked when he noticed the sudden shift in Heeseung's mood. "Yeah, I'm fine..." Heeseung replied, slumping back. "You are definitely not fine, stop lying to me." Jake averted his gaze away from the older, feeling small under his presence.

'Did Sunoo download the app?' He stared at the ceiling, paying no attention to the professor blabbering about physics. Memories of Sunoo laughing, smiling and talking erupted inside his head. He would always think about the younger in his leisure time as if he was his one and only. 'Why do I think so much about him these days?'

He reminisced about the longing memory of when he had first met Sunoo. The cute, chubby boy wanted to dance, which Heeseung had found hilarious. Back then, Heeseung was absorbed within himself, he felt uneasy stepping out of his comfort zone and properly holding a meaningful conversation with someone.

He used to be an idiotic, narcissistic guy—he still is, but he isn't the same anymore. He realized not everyone is happy. He knew he wasn't the only one suffering. That day, he realized that Sunoo wasn't fake, he had real feelings and he cared. He cared about the older even though he had faced hell every day.

His phone vibrated inside his pocket, he quickly glanced at the professor, who was busy lecturing, and pulled out his phone hiding it under the desk to avoid getting caught.

Mr. Lee

–Heeseung, we're meeting the daughter of Jang Jaeyoon tomorrow.

Be prepared

Okay.

He lightly scoffed under his breath and felt exhausted all of a sudden. "Jake, wake me up when the bell rings." Heeseung tapped the younger beside him and drifted off to sleep.

While Heeseung was peacefully sleeping, Jake felt his eyes wanting to observe the older. He was so beautiful in the younger's eyes. Every time, he softly smile, Jake would feel butterflies in his stomach. He had deep feelings for the younger ever since childhood, but the older saw him as nothing more than a best friend...and Jake knew that.

His eyes roamed all over Heeseung's face. His dark brown hair covered his circular spectacles, his hair softly fluttered due to the soft wind flowing from the open windows, and his face was pale under the sunlight. He was too mesmerized by the older, but he didn't want to ruin the meaningful friendship that they have shared together for years.

Although in the beginning, Heeseung used to be a shy, timid boy back in elementary and Jake used to be the adorable Aussie boy who had a cute accent. Everyone adored the younger and he was quite popular among the teachers and the girls even as a little boy. His puppy-like smile was charming to everyone, nobody could resist him.

Then, a new boy, completely opposite from the younger joined their classes in the middle of the semester—well, almost the end. His parents had just moved to the city and he was too nervous to approach anyone, but Jake being the smart, social butterfly he was, made sure the older one was always around the others, looked after him, and felt at ease with him more than anybody else.

Heeseung had found a connection with the younger. He seemed so sweet and charming that even though he couldn't resist him anymore, Jake always stood up for the older. When Heeseung felt anxious asking the teacher a question, Jake noticed the latter and called the teacher for him.

They stayed together for years, not wanting to let go of one another. Jake knew about Heeseung very well, he understood the older better than anyone and when Heeseung needed a warm embrace, he always ran to Jake.

Jake had eventually caught feelings. He couldn't find a way to share his feelings with the older. So he came up with an idea; something that would change the world unexpectedly, and would somehow become something so grand.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

A/N — Last night I thought about writing a Heejake after his story. The plot will be something similar to their background story. Should I do it or nah?

Anyways, I hope this chapter wasn't confusing. My English sucks, and these days, I have so much on my mind that I keep forgetting everything.

I hope you liked the chapter! I'll try updating as much as I can!