I should've known it would be Tyler standing on the other side.

His eyebrows go up, but his face isn't all that surprised.

How did you get in here is the word on my tongue, but Tyler beats me to it.

"Your sister let me in. I told her I could wait downstairs."

"I'm going to murder her." I tell him with a straight face. I'm a bit hesitant about letting him into my privacy, yet still I open the door wider, "but come in."

Tyler looks so out of place once inside. He's all chiseled and blue uniform, and my room is all purple notebooks placed vertically in a purple shelf, white beddings and- just the average room of a girl who drowns in purple, white and books.

Instead of returning to my homework desk, I lean on the chair as he gives the room a check.

When he's done, he looks to me, continuing the conversation. "I'd hate to be the reason you commit murder."

"Don't worry, it's not all about you. She's been a pain since I knew how to talk." I bite my lip to stop from laughing, though give up when he chuckles himself.

He asks if he can sit on the edge of my bed— as that's like the only available place to seat. Either that or the purple one-seat sofa that's shaped like a teddy bear and I'm certain he won't be too much of a fan.

Well, there's also my homework desk but I'm seating on the only chair.

Long after we're settled— at least thirty seconds have passed— Tyler's yet to say anything. He just sits there, making me uncomfortable with how alright he is staring at me.

I take in a breath. "I'm trying not to ask why you came here 'cause I know I've got a list of times I asked you very harsh and insensitive questions."

"Well," he nods. "You do ask the most hurtful things."

"But if we sit in silence for thirty more seconds, I'm going to blow up."

"Really? Why?"He laughs.

"It's too quiet."

"The end of this street isn't exactly bubbling with conversations and you've been going there for years."

I look away though my lips form a smile.

"I came to give you this." From the pockets of his blazer he's been holding rather than wearing— I take it that he hates the unnecessary uniform piece. Most people do, and I only wear it to not go against school rules.— From his pockets, he gets out a stationery packet. Mine.

"Oh my- how'd you get that?"

"A girl. She gave it to me, said something about you forgetting it in class and that you always do." My heart jumps out of my chest. While Pamela has been all distant, she still cared enough for this. "I think she's your friend."

"Yeah," I say, happily taking it from him. Then, "What does she look like?"

"Short. Your height, dark skinned."

I feel bad for how quick my heart deflates. Victoria doesn't deserve it.

Though, I'm a thousand times sure she wouldn't care. We've been alright since our first awkward encounter, but she's also made it very clear there are boundaries not to cross. And I still find it uncertain calling her a friend.

"Thanks." I tell him, turning in my chair to place the packet on my desk, although it's more to hide my discomfort from his prying eyes. I can feel him staring hard from the side.

"What's up?"

"Huh?" I fake a non-committed tone. And also fake busy. Scribbling random words into a notebook.