Chapter 5: Reality Check

Beginne am Anfang

His red blade and yellow eyes made her immensely fear him, her powers were of no match, as any Holy light attack she aimed at him, were easily deflected and blocked by him, she realized that she might die here tonight by his hands, as he had mercilessly killed anyone that stood in his way. 

However, his intentions were not to kill her, so he used his Telekinesis to give her traumatic memories, relating to what a certain chestnut had to go through. She held her head in pain shouting. 

"Please, make it stop! I beg you....." Gabriel shouted in despair, but she felt no sympathy from the man in front of her, as he looked at her in an apathetic manner. 

Gabriel eventually passed out due to the trauma, as the man looked at her, and spoke

"I believe he would love to see you in this state" The man spoke in a cold tone, as he lifted her up and took her to his hideout. 

Once they reach there, Gabriel wakes up, to see the same man in front of her, she tries to read his heart, but she could only find nothing but emptiness inside of it, he seemed to be completely devoid of emotion. She has a look of concern that was seen on the man's face.

"Welcome....to my humble abode, my name is Malak....it is not a pleasure to meet you" Malak spoke with a mocking tone, Gabriel tried to get up, but she was unable to, she looked around to see several chains sealing away her magic, she was helpless in front of the man. 

She feared what he would do to her, and a number of scenarios were running through her mind, as she was thinking Malak decided to speak

"I have heard from an old friend, that you are considered the most beautiful lady on heaven, if not one of the most beautiful lady in the entirety of the supernatural..." Malak spoke with a mocking tone, as he then became serious, "But then again, your actions tell me a whole different story, they show me a different side, an ugly one...."

"Who exactly are you...? And I don't understand what are you talking about...?" Gabriel's voice was filled with innocence, to which Malak shook his head and spoke coldly. 

"Oh Gabriel! Sweet Gabriel! You are so naive...." Malak then continued in the same tone, "Yet, you fail to see the horrors of this world, that I and my old friend have witnessed, and how people like you play god"

"I don't understand, all we did is help people!" Gabriel retorted as her face showed pure anger, however Malak wagged his finger and responded

"Yet, you fail to see the injustice happening in your own organization" Malak spoke with a cold voice, which soon changed to disgust, "My old friend told me, about several crimes that your popes in Vatican commit, The Holy Sword Project....the rapes of women by your own people...to name a few....all in the name of your beloved god" Malak ended with a mocking tone 

Gabriel was quiet, he was not wrong, even after the perpetrators were excommunicated, the damage was done, and the worst part is that their own people did this for a very long time. 

"And that's not even the worst crime that you commit, there was one, that you failed to see right in front of your eyes" Malak spoke in a cold tone, with Gabriel retorting. 

"That has never happened, we have never ignored any crime, we have never hurt anyone innocent!" Gabriel retorted as Malak raised his tone in response

"You lie!" Malak shouted, making Gabriel flinch, "Stop lying about the suffering you have caused to other people, and pretending to be the Good guys! History has shown that even God had made mistakes and has flaws, nobody is perfect, and yet you act as such, it is time to end this!" Malak shouted as he raised his hand.