Chapter 23 || Birthday

Her pov:

,, Wake up Scarlet! Wake up! You have to hide!'' I open my eyes, my mom is crying and dressing me up. My dad is very drunk again and he can hit me. My mom worries about what will happen if I don't hide in the closet. My mom took me to the closet and everything went black I hear my dad shouting to open my room's door while mom leaned against the closet door crying. She begged my dad to stop shouting and stop scaring me, but he doesn't even care about me, my mom told me he is a bad man, he has two faces. One is for something you want like he wanted my mom. Well, that good side fades and comes to the evil side where he starts drinking and hits my mom. He hits me too but if he finds me. Every time my mom hides me, she hides in different places so my dad would need time to think about where I am. My mom always tells me That I think way older age when I should.

My dad broke the door and came into the room. I heard my mom standing up crying and begging to stop. I covered my ears and started crying. My mom was already covered in blood and bruises. On my special day. My birthday.

My dad searched the room until he came up with a closet. I understood he will open the closet doors so I hid under blankets that my mom prepared. I am small so I can hide. I hide under blankets as he opened the door searching for me. I am really scared of what's going to happen to me. I can't anymore hear my mom crying or begging everything went silent on her. The only person I can hear is my dad and myself crying under hot blankets. I was already sweating under them. My dad searched the closet again, removed all the blankets from me, and found my little scared body. He took my arm and took me out of the closet. I saw my mom lying on the floor sleeping. There was blood on her head and hands. I started crying more. Tears were falling out on my red cheeks.

,, How can you be so selfish, Scarlet!'' My dad yelled as he took out the belt of his jeans. He pinned me against the closet and started beating me with that hurtful belt. I am screaming but no one can hear me. My birthday present.

................

2 days later.

I opened my eyes and I started breathing heavily. I was sweating from my nightmare. My memory of my 6th birthday. That night I got a new scar on my leg which I still have on me. I calmed myself down and sat down on the bed. My leg is almost healed now I can walk normally just can't run sadly. Also, I have to pack my bags and leave this house after breakfast. Also, today is my birthday but no one knows it. Just my mom and Cami. I don't like my birthday not because of my dad but because I hate parties and a lot of people. I hate attention to me. I hate when everyone is looking at me. I hate a lot of presents. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to shower all the sweat from me.

I opened the door to see the clean bathroom I cleaned yesterday of boredom. I like neat but sometimes just too lazy to clean the rooms. I went near to the mirror to see myself with messy hair with an oversized dark red t-shirt and black panties. I Haven't seen James since yesterday morning. He went to his friend's house for a sleepover. So I was able to be free and sleep with only panties, Even tho I miss him. I hate pajamas I only like t-shirts and panties, perfect fit for sleep. I took out the piece of my hair with a brush and went for a warm shower. Decided to do the full body shower. Shampoo, hair mask, shaving, body scrub, shower gel, lotion, and more things to do. One hour of work at least.

I got out of the shower and put on the towel on me while I brushed my teeth with fresh mint toothpaste. I took care of my hair and went to James's bedroom again. I saw a box on the bed. I went near the box to see my name.

From Cami;

I opened the present to see clear underwear and a bra set with flowers on it. It was blue flowers and it was see-through. Also, that wasn't panties it was a thong. My jaw dropped to the ground from shock, how could I wear that? I don't wear thongs They are super uncomfy for me it's like panties stuck in your but and always trying to get them out. I could never wear them, but if it's a present I will take them and wear them today. I put them on and went to look for a cute outfit for today because I've been in bed with sweat and pajamas all week. I found cute grey jeans and a cute white crop top. But that isn't enough I need a jacket it's winter outside and also my scars.