Chapter 22 || Flirtous

Her pov:

James went downstairs to help Cami go to her room while I stayed in bed frozen. I know what was going to happen, and I didn't stop. I heard a call from my phone so I took the phone to check who was calling me. It was Harden. Oh no, I completely forgot about him.

,, Hello princess, where are you? I see you not at home'' Harden spoke after I answered the call.

,, Uh it's kind of difficult, you see James's mother insisted to live in their house for a while while I'm healing, after that, I can go home.'' I said groaning and melting in my bed of myself disappointed. I completely forgot about my friend who was taking care of me when I was at my worst.

,, Uh what, I could have taken care of you my princess'' He said in a worried voice, He hates James so does James hates him. He is worried that something going to happen here. It was...almost, but it didn't. 

,, Uhm Harden I'm fine, don't worry, I'm almost healed and in a few days I can go home definitely'' I said to him, so he will not be worried. He sighed over the microphone and asked if I wanna face time.

,, I feel ugly today'' I said to him, knowing damn well I am in messy hair and a swollen face.

,, A girl like you can never be ugly, princess'' He said smiling over the camera. I smiled back and decided to turn on the camera. He smiled. His smile is everything, you can never see a smile on James's face, he's just smirking.

,, I told you, you can't be'' He said. We talked for an hour when I got called for dinner. I said I'll come back and stood up from the bed. James came into the room looking at me and my leg. What the fuck, does he think he can carry me again and act like a gentleman? No way. He came closer and wrapped his hands around my knees and waist. I started shivering from his touch. His touch is giving me butterflies every time I touch him. What no no no no, Scarlet stop! This is not happening. He lift me and we went downstairs. 

,, You know I have legs'' I said to him while he was going down the stairs.

,, Let me correct you, broken leg'' He said smirking when my jaw dropped on the ground and left on the stairs while I was already downstairs. How can he say that? I slapped him in the face and he stopped smirking and looked at me with confusion. Rolled my eyes.

,, Hey hey, they'll get stuck one day'' He said smirking again while helping me to sit down at the table. There was crisped chicken, mashed potatoes, and veggies. So many calories. I started eating, I spotted Cami eating with us too. I smiled but I was super curious about what happened to her.

,, So uhm what the doctor said?'' I asked quietly.

,, Got poisoned by the food or drink.'' Miss said. I nodded and took another bite of the crisped chicken and I looked over the James smirking at staring at my soul. My mouth stopped working with the food in my mouth. He is staring at me. At me, not Cami, their mom, or Cerille, at me. 

,, James eat your food, and don't stare at your future girlfriend'' Miss said, everyone stopped eating at looked at Miss, and so did I. Our mouths locked as James still looked at me.

,, What, I am a mother I know'' Miss said. Everyone started smiling from nowhere looking at both of us I felt so awkward. Everyone's mouths unlocked and they started to eat again their food on their plate. I looked over again at James who was smiling, his head was down but you can see him smiling. He is smiling, James is smiling, that James who hates me and makes fun of me all the time, The James I can't stop thinking of. He started to eat his food, also we finished it. I stood up and James stood up too.

,, What's wrong with you today, I can walk'' I said to him with a confused face. I started walking slowly but tried faster as possible. It hurts like hell. I heard James sitting down at the table. In front of me was a big mirror that reflects me and behind me was the table where everyone was talking, James was looking at me with worried eyes. I didn't care and went upstairs. I got on the bed and opened my phone to call Harden. We face timed about 30 minutes when James came to his room. He saw me laughing and heard Harden's voice. He looked mad as fuck. He lay down near me and took my phone. I looked at him with a confused face and tried to take it back. He hung up on Harden. I got mad so I slapped him in the face.