Chapter two Ruby Pov

After the first day I saw her, I came back to the coffee shop and there she was again. In the same spot, reading another book. Everyday I've stopped by and she was there so I guess she really liked this shop, Not that I blamed her. This shop had a nice atmosphere to it and unlike others I've been in, it was never overly crowded. The couches and chairs are comfy and you could actually sit and relax and have a conversation. Based off some of the customers I've seen come in, they're locals and seemed to know the employees well.

I've even come to leaving my house early enough to sit down and drink my coffee peacefully without worrying about rushing to work. Every time I've spotted her, her eyes are reading a book , never really bothering to look at anyone else and I've wondered what time does she arrive because she always here before I am;except for two really nice warm days that we had a week ago where she wasn't there at all. And its sad to admit but I ended up not staying those two days either. Besides the atmosphere I'll admit that she's the other reason I come here. I've never seen such a beautiful woman before and considering my job, I've seen all types of photos of different models of all kinds of types.

I usually just watch her out the corner of my eye as I drink my coffee but I decided today was different. I would gather the courage to talk to her.   I got up a few minutes earlier and carefully picked out my clothes while I thought about what I would say to her.

When I got there she was sitting in the usual booth with a book in her hands and the same leather gloves but this time they were on the table next to her cup of coffee.

Just say hi Ruby. I thought to myself before taking a deep breath and walking up to her table. "Hi." I managed to say without stuttering from nerves. She lifted her head up slowly and met my gaze. Her eyes appearing to be a velvet blue, almost like a royal blue color. Though I could have sworn last week they were darker.

"Hello." She replied softly and gave me a small smile.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked her.

"Sure. Free country." She replied looking back at her book and I quickly sat down in the bench opposite of her. I sipped at my coffee and watched her silently. It seemed like she slipped back into her own world, but I wanted to hear her speak again. Her voice was so smooth,like an old singer. Like you can listen to it all day and fall into a trance.

"What are you reading?" I asked her curiously, and she looked up and showed me the cover. "The great expectations. I've never read that. It is good?" I asked, with interest.

"It's a classic. So it's a bit old fashioned but yeah I guess it's good." She replied, looking at me.

"Hmmm." I mumbled and looked down at my cup in my hands. I used to love reading but with school and my job I don't have time for that type of thing.

"You can borrow it when I'm done if you like?" She replied and I looked up to see her watching me.

"Sure I would love that. Thank you." I said making a mental note to actually make some time to read it so I can talk to her about it.

"I didn't get your name ?" She asked me, tilting her head to the side.

"Oh. Sorry I should have said that first. My names Ruby. Ruby Rose."

"Nice to meet you Ruby Rose. That's a beautiful name. I'm Seiya Kou. It's a pleasure to meet you ." She replied with a bright smile. I stared at her blankly for a second before I remembered she was waiting for a response.

"You as well." I smiled back.

We continued talking until it was time for me to go to work. I glanced at her one more time and bit my lip,debating before speaking. "I was wondering if you would like to get a drink with me later. If not that's okay too." I spoke quickly looking at her face.