Prologue

My name is Xiao Yaozu...The Scum Consort of Xue Kingdom.

I'm the abandoned male consort of the Xiao clan.
The emperor, the husband I loved dearly, never even gave me the respect I should receive as his consort.

Every concubine in the harem from all the ranks had a title bestowed on by the emperor.I never had.

It's true I wasn't treated too badly but I always wished for my husband to at least respect me.I knew I was a man and the emperor wouldn't love me,as he  seemed to only take interest woman.

Or more likely,he took an interest in my cousin,who entered the palace some time after I did.
My cousin..Qingge,she had a similar appearance to my own.
Therefore,rumours quickly arose in the palace..

The rumours told that the emperor,who had met consort Hua a long time ago,fell for her but he didn't know her identity then.
He couldn't forget the kind black eyes and beautiful long dark brown hair,thus he brought in a substitute to ease his love sickness.

The substitute being me..The unfavoured male consort in the harem..
I used to cry myself to sleep because of the rumours and the emperor,who didn't even try to cease the rumours or find the mastermind behind the rumours.

I never understood why he stood still.If it was true then,why didn't he stop the rumours from spreading?Or it was so people will think it's just rumours?
Was it perhaps untrue..?That's why he didn't bother to do anything?

I got very bitter because all of the mockery I received because of the rumours.I just couldn't endure it anymore.

So,I went to confront my cousin after knowing the rumours were caused by her servant for years.I never said anything at first thinking the emperor would handle it.

I argued with her for a while,but after her angelic mask didn't break I left knowing it's over now.
As I predicted,I was accused of poisoning Qingge and the little royal baby she was bearing.

Meihui,the only person I had in the palace was tortured to death after not confessing the crime.
There were so many evidences against me,it was no point in defending myself.

The emperor showed me 'mercy' and I was sent to the cold palace to live the rest of my days there.
But I didn't live for long,because Qingge who was promoted to the rank of noble consort and had a easy path to the empress throne,couldn't risk having it destroyed if I decided to speak up.

Of course,I wouldn't do it,after all a trash emperor deserves to have a trash empress.
It would be a pity to destroy such a perfect couple.

The poison given to me wasn't too lethal and given in small amounts didn't kill instantly.
It killed me in the course of three months.

My strength left me almost completely in the last month.
The emperor somehow got word of my poisoning and had the royal physician give me some painkillers.

"You wouldn't confess,even now that you're on the brink of death,huh?"

He wanted to hear my confession.He wanted to hear me say that I nearly 'killed' his child?

"Your majesty wants to hear me telling you that I poisoned your beloved and child?"

This situation may have upset me before but now?Now,it's terribly amusing.

"If that is so,then I can do that if it makes your majesty happy but I don't wish to lie,as I would die very soon."

Seeing the visible emotions on the emperor face make me laugh.Perhaps I became crazy,but everyone is a little crazy,right?

"What are you..?"

"I didn't do it.I didn't poison your child or your beloved.The one who did it is also the mastermind of the rumours that your majesty never bothered to stop."

I smiled slightly at the man's face.I was satisfied now that he will doubt everyone.
Still...tears slowly rolled down my cheeks.Remembering Meihui always hurt.

"I hope your majesty will take responsibility of my dead maid's family and that you will arrange me a grave away from your majesty."

I closed my eyes and shut out everything.I am tired.
I have many regrets in this life,but the biggest on is not being a good son and master.

'I wish..I could turn back time..'