Chapter 19: Someone familiar

As we were on the road the gang followed, Helary wasn't as energetic and the ride was straight-up miserable! I tried reassuring Helary saying "Don't worry Hel, Lucas is going to be just fine, plus why would they kill someone so kind and trustable?" Which should've made a difference in Helary's mood but unfortunately it didn't...

(Jack's eyes)

Alex was right on our trail and the road trip was awkward, but all I thought about was whether Lucas is alive or not, and the worst part was that I can't tell Helary any of my thoughts or she'll stop driving completely! Alex and his gang approached us and everyone in the car was terrified, Alex pulled out a machete from his bike and was about to stab Helary! As Helary maneuvered to stay away (and not to get killed) from the gang she found herself at a dead end that trapped all of us and we got surrounded again by Alex and his gang! "It's a dead-end bastard, good job...... You and this pathetic girl and her stupid boyfriend thought you would stop me? Actually, I wanted to kill you only but now since she saw it all, she's dead too! just because you don't listen and just follow your tiny heart your friend will also die!" Alex noted. As he was about to end us..... Police sirens were heard! "Finally!" Lexi added in a hopeful optimistic tone, and when the police cars arrived the first officer wasn't anyone..... it was Officer Michael! "Well kiddo, I can clearly see that you've gone through many adventures, but messing with the  Wings of the Dragon gang is something else" Officer Michael added "GET THEM, BOYS!!" Officer Michael shouted to the cops next to him and they all went and captured the gang members plus Alex who looked at Lexi and me with a look of reassurance and nodded his head before being forced into the police car. "So kids, do you wanna ride to your homes or what? I'm sure this rust bucket of a car won't take you anywhere!" We were happy except Helary who was sad to see the car she brought with all her life savings get destroyed in front of her eyes.

Another trip later...

We arrived at Lexi's house where we found her parents waiting for her " Where's Alex?" asked Mrs. Hunter, "He's where he deserves to be a mother... Jail after all the people he killed including Edna!" I wondered how did she know that Alex killed Edna although she told me she had a rough fall "Hey son, what are you doing here, were you protecting her the whole time?!?!" asked Mr. Hunter in a confused tone "Looks like our little bird found her love darling isn't it?" Mrs. Hunter asked her husband in a calm yet excited manner "She sure did! And what's that on your finger Lexi?" asked Mr. Hunter "It's my engagement ring, we were supposed to get married this Friday!" Lexi replied excitingly,  So be it then! You two are getting married this Friday, well-done son..... you've earned it!" Mr. Hunter added calmingly while looking into my eyes. Although my heart couldn't take such a beautiful moment, I tried to live every second of it...