Chapter 9: Devilish looks

(Lexi's eyes)

My father was shouting at Jack, which sure struck fear in me since I knew it was my turn next. I then thought that I had to give them champagne or Jack's gonna be in big trouble!

30 minutes and 4 bottles of champagne later........

so, updates on the kiss in the bathroom incident, my family clearly got drunk after this huge dose of champagne which gave me time to set up an escape for Jack. At least I've done something right for once.......

(Jack's eyes)

Damn it, I always keep screwing things up!...... wait a sec, I wasn't the one who screwed up this time! Although this is a moment none of us will forget, it was worth every second of being with her in such situations just keeps me relaxed and happy

Saturday.......

I arrived at work and met Lexi there for our daily routine, and the more I stay with her the more I notice why she is the one who always gets all the customers in comparison to her colleagues plus, who wouldn't want to stand in line for a reassuring calm and genuinely perfect cashier (says her stalker) who will always leave a smile on your face! she explained to me about the new counter machine which I didn't care about, to be honest, but she seemed really hyped about them nevertheless.......

3 hours into the shift.......

I was working like normal until I noticed that tall distinguishable figure which I instantly recognized as Alex with the dragon mask and was giving me creepy devilish looks which made my skin crawl, but Lexi didn't seem to notice because unlike me she had something important to focus about and I didn't want to distract her so both of us wouldn't get fired because of some devilish looks.....