Chapter 17: Words and rumors

It wasn't a car chase from the movies anymore, speeds decreased and Alex's gang ran out of ammo so no more gunshots (finally) but for real it was more of a road trip across the city since we went to places I have never seen before! Jack introduced me to the girl he was talking to whose name is Helary, she was pretty nice to me although we'd never met before. We stopped at a gas station to buy food, and fuel and to get some rest, typical on-the-run stuff.

Later...

I was watching the TV at the gas station and the news was all words and rumors about the gang and the runaways, since every station has its own version of the story to tell. But I'm impressed with my friend-making skills (or because I'm a girl) because it wasn't long until Helary and I became good friends! Out of everyone exhausted from the trip the driver herself was so energetic and we were all happy until... "I can't take it anymore, we're turning around!" said Helary in an angry tone. "Why?!?" Jack exclaimed "Because I can't go on a road trip without Lucas!" she added. Although I don't personally know who Luucas is, the look on Jack's face says that Lucas won't be a good addition to our supposed road trip.

2 hours and a turn around the city later.....

(Jack's eyes)

There was only one issue with Lucas coming over which was that he can't keep his mouth shut! I clearly know that if he saw Lexi, he will say everything I told him about her in public, which will furtherly cause issues......