Chapter 21: Launch

Start from the beginning

Leo then turned on the screen showing Captain Price's and other marine footage fighting the Grimm when they first arrived. The footage made most people in the room watch at the enemy fighting their men.

President Sterling: What is this General?

Michael: After the explosion at Ark Industry tower, involving Task Force 141 and our marines. They were sent to this world and are now helping that world.

President Sterling: So that's why we couldn't find their bodies...

Michael: Recently in the Joint Base I was in, a magical portal appeared, the size of a hanger.

The video then paused and switched to show the portal in Lewis-McChord.

President Sterling: And how come I've never heard of this?

Michael: Sir, this was recently, and my men have been dealing with problems on the other side of this portal.

President Sterling: And I'm guessing this problem would be those creatures?

Michael: Correct sir, with some help from an undisclosed source, we have gathered them all at an island.

President Sterling: And you want to hit them with a nuclear bomb, correct?

Michael: Correct, Mr. President.

Secretary of Defense: And why can't we use our ground forces? If this threat can only enter through this portal, and threatens the mainland, why not?

Michael: With what surveillance and the unknown source has shown, their numbers will be in the millions.

President Sterling: How many?

Michael: Around 20 million if not, more.

This shocked most people in the room.

Michael: And if we were to attack from the mainland are try anything else, this could drain our resources.

President Sterling: Anything else about this enemy?

Michael: They could be if not as fierce as the Japanese were back during World War 2.

Everyone in the room knew that Japanese were fierce in WW2 but 20 million of these animals that could be the same, it was unheard of.

Michael: Not to mention the powers they wield, like being able to drain our will to fight and with ear piercing screeches.

This made President Sterling highly reconsider because of them only having 1.3 million active personnel.

Michael: And this is only one type of this monsters.

Minister of Foreign Affairs: And how many types are there? 

Michael: To many to count, some being as large as skyscrapers I believe.

The made everyone in the room silent, until Sterling spoke.

President Sterling: General Benett...  under permission of your Commander-in-Chief, and the president of the United States, I give you permission and launch codes for the LGM-30 Minuteman III.

Michael gave President Sterling a salute.

Michael: Thank you sir.

President Sterling: All information will be sent to Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Don't let this opportunity go to waste.