chapter 1 : hatred is the first step to love.

TW : swearing.

3rd person pov:

Quackity sighed, dragging himself into school and leaning against his locker.

"Hey, man. You seem upset, what's up?" his friend, Karl, asked kindly.

"Oh, nothing. Just exhausted." Quackity admitted, glancing around to see who was in today. "Ooo~ Sapnap's in today~!" Quackity smirked, knowing damn-well Karl had a huge crush on him. Karl whipped his head around, staring at Sapnap for a moment before turning back.

"...So?" he said semi-confidently, trying to hide how suddenly nervous he just got.

"Go over to him!" Quackity encouraged.

"No way! For a start he's hanging with your rival, Wilbur and his brother, Tommy. Why would I go over?"

Quackity sighed disappointingly, "True..."

"So what do you think of Wilbur's brothers? I mean I don't think they're so bad." Karl shrugged.

"Meh. Never really spoke to them I guess, what do you know? Spill.'' Quackity grinned as Karl pulled out his books from his locker.

"Well Techno and Wilbur are very protective of Tommy. You don't wanna ever get on that kid's bad side or you're a dead man, I've heard." Karl raised his eyebrows, laughing slightly but nervously. "Tommy's pretty cool — I think..? He's pretty popular — quite like Wilbur — but a different type of popular. Like you know how the only reason Wilbur's popular is cuz he's 'hot?'" Karl rolled his eyes.

"Yeah." Quackity laughed, glancing over at Wilbur before immediately turning back.

"Well, Tommy's popular because he's really kind. He's super funny and he has loads of friends! Good on him, I say. He's the very opposite of his brothers. Everyone describes him as the 'sunshine' of the school."

"Hm..? Maybe he could be pretty cool then... But then why does he hang about with Wilbur, still? They're like complete opposites."

"Well, not really... They have multiple shared interests and they bond super easily. But I don't really know much about it, this is just the rumours."

"So Tommy's in the year below, yeah?" Quackity questioned.

"Yep. He also is pretty popular for his looks as well in his year." Karl laughed. "But actually, for Tommy it's mostly guys. So there's a huge difference between him and Wilbur. I'm not even sure if he's gay? I mean, if anything, Wilbur looks more gay than Tommy does." Karl explained.

"Yeah, but you never know, I guess." he shrugged, "What about Techno? What's he like?"

"Very strong. Never challenge him to a battle. He never smiles or anything really. But he can be interesting to talk to. If you like books, horses and war, that is. Well — actually what I said before was sort of a lie — he does smile. But only around Tommy. As I said, Tommy's like the school 'sunshine.'"

"This Tommy bloke must be pretty awesome, then? What d'you think, friend-worthy?"

"You'd seriously consider being friends with your rival's little brother?!" Karl gaped, looking shocked.

"I mean... yeah? It's not like they're the same person, is it? Plus, I think it'd piss him off so much more." Quackity smirked.

"You're evil." Karl giggled, "But seriously, don't hurt the kid."

"Why would I do that?!"

"Because I know you'd do anything to anger Wilbur. Just — don't, okay?! I've had conversations with that kid and he's sweet. He helped me out of a tough spot once. And I owe him for it. Also he's just genuinely hilarious and kind." Karl beamed. (to readers: don't make this weird, he's just genuinely complimenting Tommy completely platonically!:DD)