005.

Chapter 5- Fireflies

Corvina wakes up in the middle of the night due to the phone ringing. She groans and rubs her eyes with one hand as she reaches for her phone with the other. A few taps later, she sees the caller ID read 'Lyds.'

She answers immediately. "What's wrong, Lydia? You're usually asleep now.-"

"Co-cora come immediatly p-please."

"Lydia breathe, where are you?" Corvina was starting to get worried.

"T-the swimming pool."

That was all Corvina needed and she didnt even change from her pajamas and drove the car to the local pool.
There she saw a scared Lydia pacing around the small pool. Corvina parked the car next to her friend and approached her cautiously. "Hey, Lyds are you okay?"

"No! No I'm not okay! I found a dead body for god's sake!"

"Where is it?" Corvina asked and Lydia pointed at the body. She saw that the boy had his throat slashed and blood everywhere. She glanced over at Lydia who was talking on the phone. After making sure Lydia was not looking she gently touched the body to see if it had been claimed.

An angel had claimed the soul. So the human, was pure.

When she got to Lydia again, a scared Stiles ran to her.

"Lydia? Lydia, are you okay?" Stiles asked her but Lydia wasn't okay and anyone could see that.

"Im okay." She paused to breathe and then pointed to the body."That over there...?Not okay."

Stiles was horrified as he pulled out his phone to call the police. His hands shaking he opened the phone."Yeah. All right. I'm gonna call my dad."

"I already called 911." Lydia says her voice as light as feather

"You called the police before you called me?" Stiles asked frantically at the poor girl who still was struggling to comprehend what she did.

"We're supposed to call you first when we find a dead body?" Cora asks in disbelief

"YESSS!!"

[On the phone]

'Are you sure?' Scott asks Stiles that gulps at the thought.

'Yep. Throat ripped out, blood everywhere-- it's like The-frickin'-Shining over here! If two little twin girls come out of the woods and start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised...'

'Stiles as much as i love your sarcasm, not the time dude.' Cora added.

'Cora is there too??' Scott seemed shocked that Lydia felt the need to tell their newest friend.