Chapter 18: The Truth Comes out

Start from the beginning

"I gotta go," I quickly get up.

Johnny stops me, "Where are you going?"

"Where is Ian?" I ask.

"I don't know probably in his office."

I need to find him and talk. I need to clear everything now.

I start walking quickly to his office. I don't even knock, "Ian!"

He quickly stands up, "What? Is something wrong?"

"Did Summer cheat on you? Did she lie to me when she said you used her?" I ask.

I am trying to catch my breath as I'm talking to him.

"First, relax Alex," he said. Ian comes to me and cups my face. "What has got into you?"

"I need to know the truth," I say.

"I always have told you the truth. You are the one who never wants to listen."

What if everything I believed is wrong? Is it my fault that all of this happened because I didn't listen? Did I dig my own grave?

"You weren't lying to me then?" I ask.

"I'm afraid if I answer yes or no it will still make you sad," Ian answers.

"Just tell me,"

Ian gets my hand and sits me on the couch next to his desk. He looks at me with so much care in his eyes. I don't know what he is going to tell me but I am so afraid.

"I never cheated on you after I made the promise you were going to be the only girl in my life. I didn't have sex with Summer that day. Yes, I saw her because she bust in my office. I told her to leave. I am not going to lie; she did kiss me but I didn't respond. I kicked her out,"

He continues, "I don't know how in the world she got into my room and got my jacket on her. I was busy in the office not knowing that she was in the house."

"How can you proof that's true?" I ask still in doubt.

He sighs, "I don't know but I don't need proof. I didn't cheat on with that witch. I hate her! If I ever be with her again I will puke and shot myself. I don't love her anymore."

He is telling the truth. I feel something in my stomach that is telling me so.

"What about the reason why you aren't with her? Did she really cheat on you twice?"

Ian becomes sad, "Yeah, that is true. She wasn't the girl I thought she was."

"What happened?" I ask.

IAN POV:

Alex wants to know what happened between Summer and I. She is suddenly interesting in hearing me. I look at her and feel she is regretting everything she has done in the past days. "Tell me the truth Ian," Alex says. "I am sorry, but I just need to know."

So I do:

"Hey,"

I turn around and see a beautiful blonde. She is smiling with her blue skies at me.

I almost drop my Calculus book on my shoe when I see her.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Yea-yeah I am absolutely okay."

She giggles, "So I heard you are really good creating presentations. I need help with my English project."

"Well I've been told I am good at many things,"

Wait, what? Did I really just say that?

She touches her straight blonde hair and smirks, "Well, I am glad. So I take that as a yes?"