Arachne!

Percy POV

Curse Arachne , I thought, she always seems to show up at the wrong time. Just as I was about to tell Annabeth I love her she strolls up behind me and down goes Percy. I just hope Annabeth is ok......

Annabeth P.O.V.

      I bit back a scream as Arachne's sickly sweet smell wafted up my nose. Scooting backward as fast as I could I grabbed my bronze knife and prepared myself for incoming injury. I tried to peak past the spider to see if Percy was severely injured but Arachne scuttled in front of him.

     "My darling, my sweet, sweet meal" Cold raced up into every part of my body "I'm nobody's meal" I spat back with all my might "Hahahaha" at first I thought she might have been choking but than I realized it was a laugh. "You might think that now my sweet but soon you'll be wish you were dead" this scared me even more it sounded as if she knew worse thing were to come. "In fact I'd rather watch the show than eat it so I guess your safe, for now".

        She slid away on quick legs "Wha- bu-" I sputtered out "How.... Percy!" I raced to his side "Water I need water" I reached out for the backpack and yanked our only water supply out and poured it all over Percy. "Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up" I cried "No stay strong Annabeth stay strong".

      Percy sat up straight gasping for air "Annabeth, oh my gods, Annabeth" What!" I helped him up. "What's wrong" "Annabeth" he replied "You...how could you" and his whole body deflated as his heartbreaking silence wrapped around me.