Chapter 54: War

Taker wakes up to the rays of the sun feeling something resting on his chest and sees Diana sleeping peacefully on top of him. He stretches his arms having slept very well last night, it hasn't happened for a long time. They fell asleep in arms on the spider web of Markus who obviously slept at the foot of the tree, he gently shifts Diana's head so that he gets up and stretches his legs. He wakes her up gently before taking her home so that she gets ready and he does the same in her side.

He puts on the war clothes Kinsey made especially for him, a sleeveless vest with an attached black cape, made of leather, and his logo in the middle purple in chain mail. His pants are also leather. He pulls his dark hair into a high ponytail. he decides to make two horns with his goatee.

He comes out of his room and he notices that all the men and women who leave with him say a last goodbye to their loved ones. People bow to Taker who walks to the alley leading to the big door where there are already Pat's men and the creatures, Markus arrives with Asgoth who came from the forest. Taker proudly looks at everyone, very proud to see these men and women fighting for freedom.

~!~

Taker teleported with everyone to the cliff where the Mendal Fortress could be seen in the distance. Pat, Kinsey, Diana and everyone are impressed with its size, it looks spooky with dark clouds and fires above the fortress. Anastasia is on Markus' back behind Taker who watches the fortress in the distance before pulling Markus to turn around.

"Well guys, here we are, like I said yesterday, today a lot of us are going to die, no doubt, I know, if you're all here today it's for fight for our castle, because the species doesn't matter what type of species you are. We all have our motivations for fighting, some of us for revenge, some of us for defending our species . we all have one thing in common and that point is Mendal. Guys, I'm proud of you all, you fight to the death for your freedom of life. you all deserve to be lived without a doubt." He said before everyone chanted the name of the Calaways in chorus, very proud to serve this man who stands in front of them and stopped when Taker raised his hand for them to stop. "We should stay together in the forest, probably a lot of spiders are hidden to protect the fortress, there is a door in the cave which should be the door to go to the basement. I want my allies to go underground with me. Others, go with Pat, you will head for the main door trying to force that door and get in." Says Taker before his soldiers and allies chanting his name.

~!~

Mendal is in his castle looking out the window sensing that his son is not far away, he smiles mischievously looking at his forest. He hears the door to his room open and the sound of a baby happy to see his daddy. "My suitcases are ready." Says his wife who has her baby in her arms who is watching his daddy. Mendal calmly turns around, calmly walking towards his wife and baby, gently stroking her cheek. "If I don't come in the next few days, tell our child to avenge me and tell him everythin'!." Said Mendal looking at his wife in the eyes who nodded, he took her head in his hand to place a kiss on her forehead. "Hide until the right time to leave..." he added.

~!~

Taker and his allies cross the forest of Mendal carefully, they look around them, weapons in hand, the arches are ready to fire at the slightest movement. Taker feels the atmosphere is weird, no one is there, not a creature in sight. He looks at Pat who is on his scorpion and meets his look of incomprehension, he too has a bad feeling. Taker senses Anastasia descending from Markus' back to walk alongside, preparing to attack alongside the allies in case.

Markus suddenly looks over his head and jumps to avoid a spider, Taker kills him with a thunder spell then looks away when he hears sounds of creatures coming in the distance and sees spiders running towards them. "Fight to the death!" Taker yelled, patting Markus on the back to make him run towards the enemies, followed closely by Asgoth and Pat.

Taker casts spells on the creatures, the humans fight back like in training, and he levitates a spider and throws it through a tree. Taker jumps from the back of Markus who is wreaking havoc with his paws, he feels that his allies are using his back to not have his back to an enemy creature. Taker throws an ax which lands between the eyes of a man who was about to attack Anastasia from behind who was fighting a creature. Diana has a little trouble fighting off a creature that hits her shield hard, Taker runs towards her and pushes her and gets a sharp paw in the corner of his neck which causes him to bleed but manages to kill the creature by exploding it . Diana gets up and goes to see if the Majesty is okay, he holds his neck trying to stop the blood from flowing. "My god...No..Take my potion." She said panicking to see him bleeding but Taker shook his head refusing her potion. "Stay focused, don't worry about me." He said looking at her trying not to wince. She could see that his neck wound is very deep but Taker insists not to deal with it, that he would be fine.

Markus sliced the spiders trying to jump on him, he worked hard to use his legs since he no longer has his chelicerae. Markus sees a spider behind Kinsey as she was fighting with a spider, he throws a spider web at the spider and jumps on it to crush it on his weight, Kinsey looks at Markus when she killed the spider, and she strokes his paw to thank him.

They advance towards the castle, everyone follows them, determined, they have already lost many men but it is a question of destroying this fortress. "My guys! with me!" Cried Taker brandishing his ax to the sky, they head for the entrance to the basement and Taker stops his creature when Markus followed him. "Markus, boy, please stay with Diana, protect her, I'll be fine." He said looking at him in his eight black eyes, Markus turns around and goes quickly to join the others who are attacking the entrance of the fortress. Taker destroys the large door that led to the basement and enters with his men, hoping that the others will be fine when he returns.