Chapter 52: One last night

Taker is in the throne room, on his throne considering how he might attack Mendal's fortress. He hears his people drinking and eating while laughing, his eyes are still closed wanting to rest as well. His left hand rests on the arm of his throne while his other hand is under his head. The sun sets and Taker rises from his throne to get the attention of his people who stop talking. "I decide that we attack Mendal tomorrow. Tomorrow we will go to war, to kill those who are killed, our loved ones, our allies, our family, and those who leave scars after an attack." Said Taker in a loud voice looking at his people who are all listening.

"When I teleport you all and myself near his forest, I will give you all my last speech. So today I want you all to enjoy your last night of happiness, kiss, laugh and do what you want because tomorrow might be the last day for many of us. Enjoy your night now!" He added before everyone chanted the Calaway name before resuming their discussion while Pat followed Taker who was leaving in a room.

There was Anastasia who is looking at the map of the fortress of Mendal, Taker stands in front of her and Pat stands at one side of the round table. "Do you have a plan?" Asked Pat, looking at Taker who had his head down, looking at the map before pointing to the basements. "My men and I will go underground while you are gaining ground in the fortress." Said Taker explaining clearly to Pat and Anastasia.

"Will you need potions?" Anastasia asked Taker looking at Pat who shook his head saying no but Taker was thinking while stroking his goatee. "Everyone will have flasks of health potions, will you be able to brew power potions?" He asked Anastasia who readjusted her white hood, nodding her head. "I could try to make enough blast potion for the humans. I'm going to brew some." She said as Taker smiled slightly watching her leave the room.

"Are you sure you'll attack tomorrow?" Pat asks his confident-looking friend, looking at him with eyes only a Calaway has. A cold, dangerous gaze. "I'm sure. We'll make him pay." Said Taker in the darkest voice. "Whoever it is Mendal." He added clenching his fists against the table knowing that Mendal is indeed his father but not going to back down. Wanting to show him that he is wrong.

~!~

Diana stayed at home, not wanting to see anyone since her mother was there, she didn't want to see her. She doesn't understand why she agreed to come here but she can't help thinking that her mother came back because she was sorry and she loved her. She looks out her window seeing the world in the castle, partying, drinking. She decided to go see at least Kinsey who must surely be with Pat at the castle.

She entered the castle, she could feel the atmosphere of a party, the guys are singing while raising their glass full of beer. Tomorrow is the big day, We are going to kill Mendal! Let's gouge out his eyes! Let's tear out his tongue! Pat is above a table singing this song loudly, Kinsey looks at Pat smiling with eyes full of love. She looks up at the throne and sees Taker sitting there, beer in hand, looking at Pat with a smile.

She tries to get the Majesty's attention but Taker doesn't see her, he's still watching the antics of Pat who fell off the table but continues to sing. "Let's tear out his heart and eat it!" Cried Pat while singing completely drunk.

"Taker, can I see you outside?" She asks, shouting loud enough for him to hear, Taker finally looks away from Diana who waves him over. He gets up after finishing his drink and follows her outside leaving the comrades enjoying the party.

~!~

They both walk in the forest, Diana's arm is in Taker's arm, the cool night air does him good and especially accompanied by the woman he desires. "Do you think tomorrow we will win?" Diana asked breaking the ice between them still walking looking down. "Don't worry, we'll win..." he said before stopping to face her and take her hands. "Tomorrow, I want you to take care of yourself. This is not a practice." He said trying to hide his worry for her life tomorrow. "I'll be careful.." She said smiling at him, this smile, he would like to remember it beyond death, if he manages one day to die tomorrow. Her hands soft as silk, which he would like to remember after death. Her eyes so beautiful, he would like to remember them also beyond death. To be a Calaway today is very difficult, but to be cursed is even more so. He doesn't think he deserves anyone's love when he feels nothing at all, just intrigue.

Suddenly, he takes her head in one hand and gently presses his lips to hers. A simple thing. Maybe she's the key to controlling his curse, but even kissing her, Taker doesn't feel the slightest change in him. He kissed her deeply, feeling her soft hands rest on her neck as he kissed her, arching her back a little. He stops kissing her when he has to catch his breath by resting his forehead against hers.

He is angry that he feels nothing at all. What is this simple thing if it's not kissing someone?? he wondered furiously. He moves away from her abruptly, going a little away from her. "Ar..are you okay, Taker?" she asked, her lips swelling from the kiss they had just shared. "I..I'm sorry about that..I..I thought that.." He tried to speak but remaining calm, he tries not to make her show any anger, it's not her fault . "..I thought a simple kiss would get my curse under control.." he confessed. "But nothing has changed!" He added hitting the tree hard as leaves fell around him. She looks at Taker who tries to calm himself against the tree when a suggestion in her head appears, she slowly walks towards him, stroking his back.

"Maybe you need to be in your dark form." She says seriously as Taker looks at her like she's lost her mind. "If that's the case, no one should do it...I'm not like that myself...and you know it!" He said facing her not believing that this idea works because if it doesn't, Diana or whoever does this, will die. He doesn't want to take that risk. "Let's go back to the castle" He said taking her hand after regaining his composure.

~!~

Taker and Diana go to the throne room, he takes a drink and sits on his throne, watching everyone having fun, tomorrow a lot of them are going to die but they don't care, tonight they're having fun have fun.

Taker watches as Pat gets picked up by Kinsey to go dancing with, Pat gets drunk and gets carried away by her. Taker watches them down his drink, they look so happy together, he's a lord in his own country and he doesn't care what anyone else might say about him, he's having fun like everyone else.

Taker then looks at Diana, he remembers what happened earlier in the forest, he enjoyed the kiss they shared but why he still doesn't feel anything? He listened to his soul and his heart like Scott said but nothing happened. He thought that everyone was right, that he was in love and that his soul was trying to make him understand and that it would control his dark form but nothing..

Suddenly, Taker looks at the musicians and stares at them until he understands what the majesty wants.

The musicians play a romantic song, Pat dances with Kinsey and watches Taker take off his black dress, he walks over to Diana and holds out his hand to her in front of everyone. She accepts his hand, they go to the middle, she puts one hand on his shoulder and the other hand is in his hand while his other hand is on her waist.

The crowd is shocked by the Dark Lord's actions, he has never done this to anyone before.

During their slow-dance, they were like in a bubble together, with no one else around, he looks at her beautiful purple eyes, looks at her lips and really wants to kiss her again.

Diana always wanted to dance with someone powerful, to have a prince. He is a Lord and someone powerful, she looks into his green eyes, well, he has a fake eye but that's okay, she finds him so attractive. she really wants to kiss him like he did in the forest.

For them they were alone on the dance floor, it was so dark around them, only a light shone on them, they only thought of themselves. Diana and Taker both think it's an impossible love because of the curse and the different ways of living between them.

Diana is a half-mage with basic hobbies but can talk to creatures and Taker is a super-powered human, has spent time with creatures, killing people in service, a Dark Lord, and moon night, he is a half-human spider killing everyone.

Taker tries his best not to show any emotion, he realizes that he is attached to an angel, a half-mage, of inexplicable beauty. Tomorrow he knows he may never see her again, maybe he will die, maybe she will die, or even the two will die but be together in the afterlife.

He wants to memorize her angel face, her smile and her extraordinary eyes for as long as possible. in case tomorrow, if he dies, he will remember her face even in the afterlife.