Chapter 35: In Taker's head: A betrayal

Taker is now in the presence of his grandfather dressed in the black dress, Taker looks noticed that Jeff had just received it since there is a box on the bed. The big black dress is from him? He wears it well, Taker thought.

Jeff looks in the mirror, he is ginger, red beard and red eyes. he must admire himself to look at himself thus. thought Taker, smiling and shaking his head gently. Someone knocked and one of the guards entered the room. "Your Majesty, Dimnitro Cassiopeia has arrived." Announcing the soldier. To Taker's surprise who is shocked to learn that Pat's grandfather knew his. Jeff smiled at the guard, nodded. "I'm coming." He said before looking at himself again. Why didn't he write in the book if he knew my grandfather? Taker thought with a frown and then began to follow Jeff as he left the bedroom.

He goes to the throne room and takes a tall man, short black hair, yellow eyes. It must be Dimnitro, thought Taker. He sees a boy with black hair and red eyes, is this dad when he was a teenager? Taker thought. Lucius had a white creature at his feet that came up to his knees, Taker recognized Lucian. "Father, Lucian and I can go practice?" Young Lucius asked his father who was rubbing his hair. "Sure, go." Said Jeff to his son before taking his friend Dminitro by the shoulder to talk and walk through the forest. They talked about everything and nothing, laughing until Jeff wanted to share land with Dimnitro after the battle to follow against a common enemy. "No, leave it to me Jeff, you have plenty of land in your name." Says Dimnitro would like some recognition but Jeff gets mad at his friend saying he's not grateful his family did for his but found an agreement that they'll share it in the name of friendship that lasts for generations.

~!~

Night falls and Lucius' father is in the cemetery of Calaway, he had gone to see the grave of his wife who died tragically during the delivery of Lucius. He had to raise Lucius alone, which was a difficult task. Taker sympathizes, he didn't know this fact. "I miss you sweetie.." Jeff said looking at his wife's grave before placing a kiss on the stone before leaving for the castle. He walks out of the graveyard and his eyes widen as he sees thick black smoke in the sky coming out of his castle, Taker tries to follow him, and stops behind him when he sees all of the castle's dead, all of his dead men , his burnt castle, dead creatures.

Lucius in blood runs into the yard and sees his father in the middle, staring at his dead soldiers. Suddenly, a man and a scorpion come across Taker who notices that it is Dimnitro who seems to be walking dangerously towards Jeff, his mace in his hand. " Dad ! behind you ! Cried Lucius seeing his father's friend take the momentum to hit Jeff who had no time to defend himself. Dimnitro hits his friend in the back with his club, so hard that Jeff's vertebrae fractured causing Jeff immense pain. Taker is shocked, he looks at Lucius who is in angry tears, he runs and tries to save his father but the scorpion sends him flying through the air and he lands against a wall. Taker looks at the man standing with his creature, he looks at Jeff who doesn't understand why his friend betrays him.

"This land is mine, to the Cassiopeia! not to the Calaway!" He says, Jeff tries to breathe but his breathing hurts because of his back feeling broken sides. "Why?.." He asked, not understanding his best friend betraying him for a simple piece of land, Dimnitro told his creature to finish him off before turning his back on Jeff and leaving. The creature stuck the end of its tail into Jeff's heart before leaving with its master. Dimnitro looks at the young Calaway who looks at him holding his sides before leaving. Lucius looked at his father, ran over to him, and gently grabbed his head, his father looked at him and smiled at him.

"Avenge me of the Cassiopeia....kill them..all! the..the reign of the Calaway must remain....!" Said Jeff using his last strength to order his son to kill the Cassiopeia. Lucius feels his father's hand fall from his hands and looks at his father's lifeless body. He picks up the big black dress and holds it in his arms. Taker watches the scene from afar, he is shocked; His grandfather was betrayed by a Cassiopeia, Pat's grandfather! That's why dad hates them so much, he saw his daddy get killed by another species. Why didn't dad tell me about it? And does Pat know?

~!~

Taker returns to nothingness with his ancestors by his side, not believing what he just saw. His grandfather was killed by Pat's grandfather... so a Cassiopiea! A betrayal in the Calaway-Cassiopia friendship for a piece of land! Jeff slowly approaches Taker who is on his knees looking at his cursed form who is himself on his knees, weakened by Scott's blow. "That's why Scott didn't want to watch... my friend... Dimnitro betrayed me.." Jeff says sadly, Scott looks at Jeff with disgust but hey, it's reality, he had to know this truth. Scott could not digest what happened in the life of Jeff, his friend Gutts and he had made a pact that their future generations would not be enemies but... Dimnitro, thirst to conquer alone destroyed the friendship by killing Jeff. Scott, since then, no longer wanted to hear this betrayal and did not want Taker to know. "The Cassiopieas are all different...like all of us..." Added Scott who calmed down. Jeff looked at Scott then at Elvin who was also looking at him. "don't trust anyone..." Elvin says looking at Scott who is looking at Taker who is still on his knees. "The Diamond Eye must kill the traitor..." Scott said suddenly, with sad eyes, before leaving, not wanting to say anything to anyone, followed closely by his generations. "Hey!! wait! what should I do??" Exclaimed Taker as he watched his ancestors disappear, Jeff, his grandfather, turned around and gave him a cute smile. "You know who...kill him..." said Jeff before disappearing as well. "No! Jeff! I don't know who that is! Jeff!" Taker screamed but he left... they all left... leaving him on his knees... in nothingness facing his cursed form...

~!~

The sun is beginning to rise in Araneolus County, no trace of the storm that hit the fortress tonight. Birds are singing, creatures have come out of their burrows, scorpions have come out of the ground too. Sunbeams light up Taker's room, illuminating his face, Taker's eyebrows start to frown again, moving his head briefly like that night. His legs moved a little and his fists clenched like he was angry. His eyelids move a little then open slowly.