Chapter 19: A horror scene

He follows the guards into the fortress, realizes that they are going to the castle and then upstairs, his steps becoming heavy when he sees guards in the distance, their eyes lowered and sad in front of his mother's room. He knocked on the door, he could hear his own heart beating in his ears. He opens the door and sees his mother, eyes closed in her bed, he gently closes the door behind him. He takes a chair to sit next to his mother and then touches Betty's half-cold hand. She opened her eyes and saw her son next to her, she smiled at him, so proud of her son, how far he came to be a good God despite his curse. "My son..." She tried to speak but she coughed harshly letting small specks of blood come out of her mouth. Taker takes his mother's hand and places it against her cheek, Betty moves her fingers to reassure her son. "You know how proud I am to have a son like you" she said in a tired voice smiling looking at Taker.

"Mom...please don't leave me..." he said frowning when he felt tears rolling down his cheeks, not wanting to cry but it was stronger than him. "You will be the greatest Calaway that has ever existed. You will do it even without me my love." she said before coughing again. Taker refuses to let her die, he shakes his head no. "Maybe there's a way to heal you, I...I don't want you to die." Said Taker who was about to get up but Betty grabs her son's arm, doesn't want him to save her life, she accepts her fate, that's what the spirits want, and she's proud of have a son like him. "Don't try to cure me.." She said before letting the tears roll down her cheeks, Taker held her hand tightly as she watched him. "Listen to me honey.." She says as Taker moves closer to his dying mother's face, she caresses his face reassuringly, Taker's hand grabs her hand.

"Let no one sully your name, you know what you are worth despite your father having made you." She said looking into her son's beautiful green eyes which were filled with heartbreaking tears. "I...I love you," she said with a final sigh before closing her eyes, her head falling to the side, her hand that was on Taker's cheek sliding gently from his cheek before falling on the bed. Taker looked at his mother's chest and realizing she wasn't breathing, he grabbed her hand again, not wanting to believe she was dead. "Mom...wake up..." he said hoping she was joking or something, but it's very real...Betty is dead. He feels something inside him hurting his black heart, like someone is ripping it out. He looks out the window seeing the sun go down then bursts into tears for the first time, he flees his head in his arms taking his mother's hand. He lost the sun of his life trying to bring it out of the darkness. For the first time, his heart is burning with pain, realizing that he has just lost the one who has always been there despite her curse. He sits up, putting his mother's hand to his mouth to calm himself. He has just lost men, his best friend and now his mother has just died, sadness has turned into mad rage, his watery eyes turn black green with rage, he abruptly gets up, walks out of the room ignoring everyone world waiting outside the door.

"Majesty?" Said a guard but Taker didn't answer him, he walks dangerously towards the stairs, crosses the castle to head towards the dungeon where the prisoners are. He suddenly enters the room and grabs two prisoners by their shirt collars and takes them with him. "Take the other one!" his guard wickedly orders who doesn't understand. Taker looks mad, his red eyes threatening as if he wants to kill to feel better. struggle but Taker pushes them down the stairs causing them to fall, he picks them up grabbing them by the collar of his shirt to get out, he throws them on the ground then kicks one of the prisoners who was on the floor. Everyone wonders what is going on in the Majesty's head, not knowing why he has become so violent.

~!~

The villagers come out of their house hearing the cries of pain, the children are brought into the house so as not to witness a bloodbath which is about to occur. "Bring me the poles!" Taker ordered to take the two prisoners by the neck, he lifted them as if they weighed nothing. "You three will suffer from my mad rage!" He said in a menacing and dangerous voice, the eyes of a crazed killer. The poles are set and the three prisoners are bound with heavy ropes at their hands and feet. Taker with the most mischievous smile looking at his prisoners with an ax in each hand, then turning back to the crowd who had formed a circle around him. where he stood. "I have bad news, folks!" He shouted looking at everyone, there are his men, Pat and his men, the men and women who live in the villages, Diana with Tigress who is on the roof of her unofficial mistress's house.