Chapter 25: Familiar

Taker goes to the castle, decides to go see the girl who was saved during the attack on the camp, wanting to know more about Mendal. Then maybe she will have answers to the questions he asks about the cards. He goes to the room where the girl is normally, knocks on the door before entering.

He entered the room, he sees that she is still sleeping, her black dress which she slung over her shoulders yesterday is lying on the chair against the wall. He quickly notices that she has bruises on her shoulders, her split lip, he takes the chair and sits next to the bed. The girl wakes up and jumps when she sees the man who saved her from Mendal, she rolls back from her bed then falls off the bed and crawls against the wall still looking at him, very scared of him. "It's okay, don't worry, you have nothing to fear from me." He reassured, walking towards her slowly, he could feel her fear through her heavy breathing. She is very afraid of him, he has the same look as Mendal but he seems calmer than him. She doesn't know if she should trust him, he's a Calaway, he has a cold look but looks reassuring at the same time.

"What's your name?" he asked crouching down in front of her but she doesn't want to answer, doesn't trust him at all and Taker can feel it. "Look, you're safe here, you can trust me." He says but she's too afraid of him, she knows his story and the past of his ancestors, the rumors about him are terrifying. He gets up and walks over to the desk, picks up a pen and paper and comes face to face with her. "Write your name please." He asked calmly, putting the pen and paper down towards her. She takes the pen in her trembling hand and the paper then writes. Then gives it back to Taker, looks at the paper and reads "Kinsey", Taker smiles at him. "Delighted Kinsey." He said, she takes the paper back then writes something, Taker frowns as soon as Kinsey hands him the paper, not believing his eyes that she is asking him that. She wrote. "Are you going to rape me?".

"no, I won't, I'm not like them." He reassured, shaking his head, Kinsey smiled sadly as she looked around and rubbed her arms. "How old are you?" he asked. "30" she whispered, her voice broken but soft. He looks on the bedside table and sees that she hasn't touched her food. "Eat a little." He says but she doesn't seem hungry, he gets up and holds out his hand to help her up. Hesitantly, she takes Taker's hand to get up, then stays against the wall. "Tell me, what do you know of Mendal?" He asked wanting to know more about him but she didn't say anything, Taker decided to leave her alone, he still feels the fear in her. "Okay, I'll leave Kinsey to you, you can walk around the fortress as well as the castle. Don't worry, you're safe now." He said before leaving.

~!~

Taker spent the afternoon with Markus training together. Taker sees Markus trying to push through his broken legs. He tries to defend himself as best he can against his master. Taker casts a lightning spell on Markus and his creature narrowly avoids it and kicks Taker but it blocks him and hits him in the head without hurting him. Taker takes an ax and pretends to attack his creature and Markus gives him a big blow in the face which knocks him down. Sorry. Markus excused himself by putting himself on top of his master, he smiled, got up with difficulty because of his back. "Don't worry, it's fine." He reassures his creature, they hear applause coming from the top of a rock and Taker sees Diana with papers in her hands.

"We are taking a break Markus". Taker says looking at his creature and walks over to Diana. "How are you doing?" he asked Diana, smiling gently at her, very happy to see her again after the lake this morning. "im fine, You forgot it at the lake this morning." She says handing the cards to Taker who takes them gently from her hands. "I thank you." He said smiling at her, Markus feels something. He senses inside Taker that there is a funny feeling. He senses that Taker is attracted to her.

"Well, I'll let you practice, see you later." She said smiling shyly at him before returning to the fortress. Markus gently bumps his head against Taker's shoulder to get his attention...he looks at Markus...and watches Diana leave. Taker's heart starts to clench, when he sees her, his heart turns over, he doesn't know why his heart is doing this to him. Love her? Markus thought. Maybe he is. When she laughs with Pat or spends time with him, he is angry, like a feeling of jealousy. Diana has something that intrigues him, he can't resist being charmed by her even though she's a normal person. "i don't know..." he said not sure of his feeling right now.

~!~

After training with Markus, they go hunting and start eating deer carcasses by cooking them over a fire. Taker accompanies Markus to his burrow before leaving it, it's dark and cold. He is walking quietly through the forest when suddenly, He sees in front of him, a spider, he sneaks into a bush, calmly, sneaks bush by bush to be close... the spider is red on its back, its legs have thorns . ..that's...that's the spider that almost killed Markus...Enraged Taker, jumps off the bush and starts attacking him, he casts a thunder spell and the spell hits the spider, turns around and quickly runs towards him...

Taker casts a fire spell and some thunder balls, but the spider dodges them all and throws him against a tree, Taker's back hurts badly near the tree and the spider hits him with its paws causing him to bleed . The creature was ready to drive its chelicerae into his heart to kill him. "Stop Orok!" Cried a deep, loud voice.

The spider stops, Taker sees blurry, does not know who speaks, he distinguishes only a silhouette which walks close to him. The man grabs Taker's neck tightly and looks at his bloody face... "don't you dare come near us again... or I promise to kill you..." the man threatens before punching Taker in the face.

They left Taker against the tree, in a bloody mess, the man's voice was familiar to him. He trying to catch his breath, suddenly the man comes back to him, using a spell to levitate Taker, puts his hand on his head and Taker feels like he's burning, he screams in pain and a few seconds  later, he let it fall to the ground...

"Mendal..." Taker said trying to sit up, looking at the figure dangerously. The man stops and turns to face Taker who is on the ground in a bloody mess. Taker could just make out that the man has gray white hair. "You don't know who I am, I'll make you regret attacking a Calaway." He threatened in turn, not afraid of him. Mendal's laugh catches Taker's hair pulling hard to force him to look at him...

"You're a good for nothing, a Calaway like you deserves to die..Mark.." Mendal said in a demonic voice and laughed as he left the forest. How does he know my name? dad? Taker thought.

~!~

it's midnight and Markus suddenly wakes up, something happened...he feels pain...he decides to get out of the forest, climbs the castle walls to mark the room from the window, and goes realize that Taker is not in his room. The creature looks at the sky, no moon. He decides to walk in the forest, hoping to find him, but the deeper he goes into the forest, the more bad feelings he has. Suddenly, he sees in front of him, someone lying down, and Markus starts to be stressed by the sight of the body... It's my master..Markus thought.

"Markus....Help...Me" whispered Taker not having the strength to speak loudly, nor to move. Markus starts screaming in distress and runs as fast as possible looking for help.