Chapter 32: Got your back

The guards gave food to the man, still waiting for the Lord, the guards look at the strange man from a distance, why the hell, a man, in the rain, walks for a long time and as if by chance he asks for a bed and some the food there? "Are you sure he's here, Majesty? It's too long for a lord to arrive." Said the strange man to the guards who did not answer, finally, not knowing what to say hoping that Pat will arrive. "You better watch your words, let me remind you, you have no right to talk to me like you just did, you better have a good reason for my guards to wake me up. " Said a dark, deep voice that had just spoken at the top of the stairs.

Everyone looks at the man coming down, some are shocked to see the majesty standing there, his scars on his face and his missing eye make him more intimidating, the guards get down on one knee to see the majesty. "Your Majesty, I'm sorry to bother you it's this time of night, I've come a long way, and I'm finding a place to eat and sleep for the night." Said the strange man suddenly regretting having said that, knowing that Taker is angry now. The lord laughs, slowly turns back to the man standing in the middle, and looks at the man curiously...

"So you've come a long way, you've come a long way to bring your presence here and you see a castle in the distance and you think you can sleep there? you thought it was an inn there? is not the case! Who are you? He asked, looking at him coldly but with a chilling voice. The man looks around seeing that the guards are getting closer and closer to them, he is sweating from the forehead, trying to keep his calm. "No, but you're known for helping humans in need so I thought..." the man said but the Majesty steps dangerously towards him smiling. "You thought wrong, yes I help humans but you look suspicious, I feel your strength and you are not a human, am I wrong?" He asked, putting his voice at the end of his sentence to make him understand that he is not welcome here. "Now, I want you out of my kingdom, and you'd better not see you again because next time, you won't be so lucky..." Said the Majesty before waiting a few seconds to simulate a punch towards the man who scream and run for his life, they laughed at the man who runs through the forest with the cane as if by chance, does not seem useful to run.

"Majesty, I'm glad to see you alive..." One of the guards says but the guard realizes that the dark lord is starting to look a little smaller than before and his long hair becomes short hair, a goatee becomes a beard and yellow eyes open, Pat smiles at the surprised guard. "How was I?" He asked with a laugh loving the shocked guard's facial expression at what he just saw. Everyone is shocked to see Pat turned into a dark lord, and he did it so well, not everyone realized it was Pat, he proud of himself goes to Taker's room to put the robe where it is was.

~!~

The morning was ugly, it was still raining, it was cold but Pat and the new soldiers were training hard to be ready for the coming war, they were training in the cold, in the rain, in the mud. "When you're at war, you have to fight the weather too, ladies and gentlemen!" Said Pat watching them practice walking from side to side with their hands behind their backs. "Weather will be the first enemy to fight, it could be hot as hell, cold as an iceberg, snow like you've never seen! Be a warrior no matter what happens in the war!" He added, stepping next to his creature and Markus.

They are so motivating to give their lives to the lord, that's what he wanted! Braves in the army, you can have powers or not, you must not be afraid to die first! "Okay! Everyone line up!" He ordered, watching them all line up in front of him. Pat gives them wooden swords and shields before stepping back next to the creatures. "Wait!" Pat turns around and sees Tigress and Diana walking towards them, Pat frowns when he sees her in training gear. "What are you doing?" He asked looking into her eyes, not wanting her to risk her life for Taker, having been so attached to her. "Allow me to fight...These people killed my father..I want revenge!" She says determined to avenge her father's death, she misses him terribly and Taker has done a lot for her lately so she wants to settle her debt to him. Pat shook his head. "I don't think-" He gets cut off by Diana's hand, which doesn't want to hear his refusal. "Please Pat..." she said with her eyes full of tears. Pat gives her arms against her will before she gets in line while Tigress and next to Markus. Pat still thinks the girls would give up as soon as they used the real guns...

"So I want you to pair up and fight, I want to see how you do with guns in your hands." he ordered wanting to see what they are capable of with weapons. Pat walks past each group, proud of them, girls and men. Shows some who have a little trouble how to handle the sword well, he looked at Diana and realized that she manages very well to handle the weapon and the shield as if she already had this ability in her blood.

~!~

Far away from Araneolus Shire, a huge hilltop kingdom, the Lord who lived there is known as a murderer, a mad Lord who left everything to rebuild his kingdom elsewhere, leaving his son and his wife a long time ago. He has mid-length white hair, scarlet red eyes, cold eyes, a white goatee. People who know or have seen Mendal are very afraid of him, he can kill anyone he wants. He doesn't care if it's a friend, a loved one, his own child, if he doesn't like it, he's going to suffer. He looks towards the cradle, hears his son crying, he advances towards the cradle.

"It's nothing, just a bad dream." He says before looking towards the door, his wife has just come in to take care of her baby; "That's not for me to deal with!" Said Mendal calmly giving the baby to his wife. He remarried a woman who was of the same "species" as him, they met during a journey that Mendal made to conquer lands. He never told anyone, nor his allies that he got married not wanting to have curious people here. "I'm sorry honey" she said looking down at her husband taking the baby who manages to calm down. "Master, Derek is back.." Said one of the guards entering the room, Mendal nodded to the guard before kissing his wife's forehead.

He walks down the stairs, sees Orok coming down from the ceiling upon seeing him. He looks at the man who must have gone to Araneolus Shire as a spy if the Calaway is dead. But the man looks stressed, sweaty palms. "So? is he?" Mendal asked calmly looking at Derek, the man staring into his master's red eyes. "I..he's alive.." He said looking down, Mendal's hand grabbed the man's neck, lifted him up so he was off the ground very pissed off at this new.

"How was he alive?! Answer me!" Mendal is furious to know that Taker was not killed by Orok's attack. How can he be alive? "My lord, I know he was missing an eye, Orok did fine but I guess not enough to bleed to death..." He said trying to breathe but what he told him did not calm Mendal, on the contrary it made him completely furious. Mendal looks dangerously at the man, and chokes him harder and harder with one hand, forcing him to stare at his red eyes..."You dare say Orok can't kill a man?! He killed many and many men before you!" He cried Before the man has a chance to say anything, Mendal throws him at Orok, and Orok drives his big red chelicerae into the man and kills him... Mendal looks at the man scream in pain as Orok devours him.

"No one dares say that Orok can't kill someone!"