Chapter 13 : Spacing Out & Knowing The Zones

Jennie pov

The garden, the tree place, the small bar at the corner, the flower tower, so many things. Beautiful. There was also a swing beside that tower, i went and sat on it as i started thinking about what happened these past days.

even though we agreed about the marriage, I haven't been able to just completely register it in my mind properly. mom's decision to marriage, the Hwang y/n a.k.a. my sister, the boy at arcane, yesterday, today...right, today!

a small smile ghosted my lips as i thought about today. mom surprised us by walking in with hyung, then she said that she was too young to get a wife. now that i think about it, maybe oppa was right. maybe she is just looking for a husband-cum-wife type of man. but then again. I wouldn't be too surprised if she did ended up marrying a woman.

that face can attract any gender after all.

then him. nothing else but him. i couldn't focus on anything else after he showed up. but really how do they know each other anyway. i suppose its plausible that they both are in business world so they know each other. but why him only? there must be many others who she is allied to. why him? was that girl not enough that now this started bothering me too? i shouldn't feel like this since hyung isn't going to get in a relationship until, what? 6-7 years more?

ugh! my head is a mess..

feeling a presence behind me i spaced in. wait. was i spaced out?! fuck..

i couldn't bring myself to look behind thinking this person just saw my expression no one has ever noticed -depends on how long he is behind me- and by no one i include my siblings, mom, my exes and strangers.

but then i did. and when i did, i wished i could disappear.

there he stood, blazer now off, in his white shirt, sleeves rolled up to elbows, champagne glass in left hand, right hand in the pocket. and his face. his amused face. that was all it took me to turn back around to hide my face. pretty sure my face is red enough to paint someone's nails.

just as he was about say something -which I'm both glad and disappointed about [unfortunately]- his phone started ring and i felt him walking away. i let out a relieved sigh only to get faced by a small smiling hyung. I'm still foreign to her expressions. she doesn't really realize that she is dazzling does she?

she reaches out to me and stops at an arms length but again takes a step forward. I'm completely oblivious to her next steps, but am super aware of her arm extending to the side of my head and caresses my hair, and i know i lost it.

i started grinning like when an eunuch gets to know they are not really an eunuch. wait. wtf. that's some weird shit, how did i even think about it?

but keeping it aside, if i were to focus on hyung. she just keeps on a small smile as she starts patting my head while caressing almost like when a mother does for her child to go to sleep. i didn't realize she came even closer i guess on instinct. but who am i to complain here. I'm just enjoying her touch as i should even though its weird. i closed my eyes with a small smile too.[author lost count of how many times they wrote small smile in this episode]

suddenly she halts as if she just realized what she was doing but starts doing it again. the silence was peaceful but now its a bit awkward. as if hundred unasked questions are being from both side. but the thing is, we just don't know what the questions really are.

no one's pov

y/n settles down on the swing next to Jennie and finally breaks the silence by asking.

y/n:- do you both know each from before today?

the person faced her with raised brows as in asking 'who is both here?'.

y/n:- you and Donovan i mean.

Jennie:- what made you think that?

she asked trying to keep her voice calm but her eyes failed to give cooperation, they darted around everywhere.

y/n:- hmm, I'm not sure. maybe it was the way you both looked at each other...

she paused for a bit

y/n:- or maybe it was the way you looked at the girl who clung to him..

she trailed off not talking further but her slightly shining eyes and indirect teasing voice filled in the gaps for the other woman. the meaning of what she said was something along the lines of 'i know something is going, so just admit you feel something for him and let me have my peace'. and they both knew it.

Jennie scoffed and looked ahead with a small smile [again? kidding it was a normal smile]

Jennie:- I'm not sure what you are talking about.

y/n:- really, because i think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

there was short silence but it was bearable.

Jennie:- to be honest i don't know...

y/n:- well then what zone does he come under?

Jennie:- what do you mean.?

she replied but y/n just looked at her as if she is joking.

y/n:- i am talking about zones.? you know, red green yellow zones..

Jennie:- ..which is which.?

y/n laughed a little as she sat in a stance as if she is a teacher trying to get a formula through a kid's brain.

y/n:- red is the one for people you think you have feelings for no matter how small. green is for those who you think you would never date no matter what. and lastly yellow, well its like you know when you say its complicated, you don't really have feelings for each other but you are so in sync that everyone thinks you are a fling or going out..

she finishes off giving Jennie some time to let all of this sink in. after a while she asks again.

y/n:- ..so what's the answer?

Jennie looked at her with a speechless expression and muttered a small

Jennie:- none of them.

y/n:- none?

she shook her head, finally looking away with a big smile.

Jennie:- there is not a zone which can describe what i feel towards him, hyung...