Chapter 30

Zoey p.o.v

"Marco!" A high pitch voice screamed in the air, startling and disturbing the quietness in the house.

I shifted my gaze to the kitchen door, waiting for the person to appear, as the footsteps drew close. I didn't have to wait long as a model figured woman walked through the door, swinging her perfect waist side to side.

Her oval-shaped face was plastered with a sweet smile, stretching her tender small pink lips. Her cheekbones rising to her extent and her blue eyes brighten up upon seeing Marco, like a kid on Christmas.

"I knew I'd find you here." Her sweet voice startled me again, her voice was the best I've heard so far, soft and tender.

"How could you leave without telling, you left Paris suddenly? Do you know how worried I was?" She complains with a cute pout that melted my heart, I bet she has had guys falling for her trap by that cute pout.

She was quick to pull a stiff Marco into a warm hug, and kiss his left cheek. Marco grunts in response and returned her kiss.

I felt my heart tighten at the sight, my stomach suddenly turned. I wanted to brush the hurt that was stabbing at my chest, but I couldn't.

Was it the sex last night?

She sat beside Marco, opposite mine, but didn't seem to acknowledge me or pretend not.

"I know how uncaring you are, but you need to start taking your health as your priority." She scolds him like a loving and caring girlfriend.

While me, on the other hand, had caused him harm. Nobody had the guts to talk down to Marco, except his mom. That means she is special to him.

I almost tear up at the thought.

"Hi, Rebecca." Camilla called her attention, noticing how tense the situation was.

"Oh, hello Camilla, sorry I didn't saw you there. Your brother here me so worried." She explained. All this while, I can feel Marco staring at me, waiting for my reaction.

"Isabella must be in school, right? Where is Luciano......" That's when her Highness finally noticed me. Who was sitting back and watching the whole scene while sipping on my drink quietly.

I didn't want her to notice me just yet, as I wanted to watch more, but well, it happens.

"Oh, Hi there. I'm Rebecca, Marco's fiancée." She said, stretching her hand for a handshake.

For a moment, I froze. My mind, brain, and major parts of my body went numb.

What?

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Alfonso." Thankfully, I recovered fast, and I made sure to emphasize on the name. She sweetly at me before returning her attention to Marco.

His fiancée? He had a fiancée and here he was fooling around with me. I am foolish for thinking he didn't have a woman in his life, with all the years spent apart.

I regret having sex with him, how do I face her after betraying a woman like myself? So, the sex we had must have been a fling to him.

If only she knew I did with her man a few hours ago, she would be smiling at me.

"Let me see the wound, I know you could be careless and might have hurt it further." She reached out to grab his shirt, the same one I had picked out for him this morning.

But Marco stopped her, holding her hand before it could reach him.

"It's fine, Zoey has tended to it." He said as if informing her of me, more like warning her that I was there.

"Oh my God." I heard her muttered on her breath, it's obvious she didn't mean for me to hear it. Her eyes wide like a ball, and jaw hitting the floor as she stared at me in awe.

"Marco can talk? Privately please." She pleaded, Marco gave a nod of approval, and they both left.

Leaving Camila and me in an awkward situation.

Right now, I feel like shit, I want to walk out the door. I couldn't face anyone, not even myself right now.

"Zoey?" I heard Camila calling. She had a sympathetic look on, and gazed at me sorrowfully. Like she knew what those two had.

When did they start? Was it after a breakup? Or is she the cause of our break-up? I will go with the latter, It seems so to me because they seem the same age.

I felt like crying right now, I was just thinking of hearing Marco out and maybe letting go of the past and thinking about the future. Only for a harsh reality to wake me up.

Why am I always falling victim to Marco's schemes? Why do I get burnt every time I try to take close to him?

"Zoey, please don't reach a conclusion just yet, there's a story behind it. But I can't tell you as it's not my story to tell, but please have faith in Marco, he would hurt you again." Camila said in Marco's defence.

Have faith in him? Why?

"Give me a reason why I should trust him. Why do I give him the benefit of the doubt?"

"Zoey, please you really need to trust me on this, Marco will explain everything to you." I would rather not continue this conversation, do I simply nodded at her to ease me off her persuasion?

"I'll be in my room." I left without waiting for her reply.

I need some alone time to think things through.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

I want to know your opinions on this chapter specifically because I think this is a very sensitive chapter. So drop your comments.

Amirablessing 🌹🌹🌹