Chapter 19

Zoey p.o.v

I stood in the middle of the house. I couldn't bring myself to walk further. I stay alone every day after mom leaves for work without any worries.

But today's silence in the house doesn't sit well with me, in fact, it is in my guts. I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling so uneasy and unsettled deep in my gut.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid for no apparent reason. Oh wait! There is a reason, Marco. He had to goddamn show up and ruin my entire day.

At least, he's having a great time with that stupid bimbo.

Fool, I cursed myself. I shook all thoughts of Marco from my head and proceeded to the kitchen to put the items in their rightful position.

What I didn't expect was the feeling of a gun being held against my head. I felt the gun on me before I felt the presence behind me.

Oh boy! What have gotten into, I panicked within.

"Don't fucking move." He growled in my ears, effectively paralyzing me. I held my breath, as I feared he might get annoyed and pull the trigger.

"What do you want? There's money in the house and anything you want please." I rushed out in fright.

As tough as I might sound, I'm anything but it. I think my insides are shutting down from the fear in my system.

"Start moving." He nudged me in the direction of the kitchen exit. I remained rooted in place mostly from fear mixed with hesitation.

"I don't fucking have all day." He growled impatiently with a harsh push on my back. I stumbled forward but didn't say anything, instead I slowly continued out of the kitchen.

He was behind me almost immediately, else I would have made a run for it. Plus, there is a gun in his possession which I don't trust. We entered the living room and I was quick to look at the mirror on the opposite wall to see who was behind.

And I was extremely surprised by who I saw. It was the guy from the store. The one I had that strange encounter with, but what does he want with me?

By now, I'd suddenly realized he wasn't here for money, hence he would have done that when he approached me at the store. And how came he had a gun? He seemed too innocent and naive, looking to have a gun and illegally pointing at someone to hold them captive.

"Why are you doing this?" I couldn't help but ask. I wasn't as frightened as I was earlier, but still shaken to the core.

"You don't fucking ask questions when death is at your doorstep." His voice was distant as he kept glancing behind him.

"Drive." He ordered. I started the car to speed off to God knows where. He was still pointing the gun at me, so I had to do as he said.

He kept giving directions on where to go. I normally do not like speed but with him pressuring me. I was going ten miles per second, with my heart in my throat. I think I might have died if not for his gun, then I would get killed from fright with my speed.

"Fuck! Who is he?" He panicked as he stared at behind us from the mirror. I did, too, and instantly a smile broke on my lips.

"Marco Alfonso." I stated smugglely. I wasn't sure if it definitely was Marco inside the car, but I'm certain it must be one of his men.

I peeked in the mirror and again just in time to see Marco sticking his head out of the car and firing a bullet at us.

Yeah, that's definitely him. Only he would have had the guts to take his head out of his car in a chase and shoot while still driving.