Chapter 22

Zoey p.o.v

I woke up feeling well rested and a bit refresh. I stretched out my tired and stiff limbs, and moaning as I feel them crack into position.

I suddenly became aware of where I was, my gaze swept the place.

From the furniture, theme colour and the strong cologne, you could easily tell that it's a typical man room.

Marco's room.

The second thing I noticed was the orange sun outside, signalling the setting of the sun. I peel the cover off me and I climb down from the king-size bed, carefully. I assumed I was going to move around in bare feet, but luckily, there were a room slippers just beside the bed.

I hastily shoved my feet into the slippers and proceeded to the door, swinging it open. I came face to face with two guys.

One the colourful tattoo guy and the other I haven't seen before.

“Donna, you are awake.” The colour tattoo guy spoke, I made a cringing face when he called me that, for some reason, I find it unsettling.

“Yes, I am. And please, my name is Zoey.” I correct, “Where is Marco?” I inquired of them. I don't know why I'm looking for him, but the fact is that I did, and it makes it look as if I care about him.

I do care about him, but I won't admit that out loud. Considering that, I am trying to figure out my life and move on.

“Don is in the office, do you need anything?” He asked patiently.

Home office?

“What's your name?” That isn't what I wanted to say, but it won't hurt to know his name, right?

“Matthew.”

“Matthew, please, can you take me to his office?” It is unclear to me why I wanted to see him, my emotions are getting the better of me and I need to stop thinking based on emotions.

We do not want history to repeat itself.

“No Donna, Don his having an important meeting.” I release a breath of relief.

“Alright then, you guys can leave. I can find my way around.” I brushed them off, already walking down the hall to the stairs.

I skid my way through the stairs and turned in the direction of the kitchen. I haven't had anything aside from the simple sandwich and a glass of orange juice I had in the morning.

“Zoey, you are awake.” Camilla chirped, coming to my side, and pulled me in for a hug. I smiled softly at her, a movement from behind Camilla caught my eye.

It was a girl, a teenage girl. She shyly emerges from behind Camilla.

“Hello.” She whispered timidly.

“Hi, Isabella, is it?” I offered a soft smile, and she nods in confirmation. She is the splitting image of her mom, from the shape of her face to the brown eyes and strawberry-blonde hair.

She has grown into a beautiful young lady, when I saw her last was years ago and she was this cute kid.

“Marco told us what happened, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.” Isabella said, shocking me, I thought she was the shy type. She later muttered under her breath about not being able to handle it if it were to be her.

“Yeah, it must be a terrible day for you. I can't begin to imagine how scared you have been.” Camilla added.

Oh dear, you don't want to know. I chuckled to myself.