Chapter 15

Zoey p.o.v

I took my time in the closet, and didn't come out until I heard the door to the bedroom slammed shut. I peeked out the closet, and confirmed Marco's absence before totally coming.

I have a sigh, I am getting tired of these mind games Marco is playing with me. We can't continue like this. I need to stop myself from any distractions. And for that, I need space away from Marco and have a clearer judgment.

I need to think straight and clearly without any influence from his side. What he did to me back then, whether intentionally or not, it's uncalled for and I'm not going to just let it slide.

My stomach rumbled, reminding me to feed it.

"Let's go get you fed." I rubbed my stomach slightly before going out of my room.

The walk to the kitchen was quick, everywhere was silent except for my footsteps.

"Did they leave?" I asked no one in particular. I got my answer when I drew close to the kitchen.

The four of them were inside setting the dining table.

"Good evening." I greeted them when I went in, they all replied to me with a lovely smile on.

I took a seat far away from the head of the table, knowing that would be Marco's seat.

I had to hurry and leave before Marco came. I served myself and immediately digged in. I was both famished and in a hurry to leave that I ate too quickly and got choked.

I cough loudly, holding my chest and my throat with my other hand trying to stop the pain.

"Oh Goodness!" I heard someone exclaim.

"Are you okay?" A hand stretched a glass of water to me, I hastily accepted the water and drank it.

I calmed down a bit, but my throat was still inching.

"I'm fine now, thanks." I thanked them.

"You should eat slowly." Aunt Kara advised, nodding to her words.

"So......." Aunt Tricia dragged, taking her seat opposite me, giving me a funny stare. I returned her stare with a confused one.

"Did you two make up?" She asked. Her question drew the others' attention. They watched me with hopeful eyes, waiting for my reply.

"No?" It came out as a question than the affirmative tone I intended for.

I saw the disappointed look on their faces. What? What were they expecting? That I would jump right back into his arms after what happened years ago.

They gotta be kidding me, I scoffed inwardly. If there is anything I want to do now, it is to get the hell out of here and away from Marco.

I went back to my food not bothering myself with them. Halfway through my meal, Marco made his presence known and so went my appetite.

I dropped the cutlery, drank the entire water from the glass and wiped my mouth with the napkin.

"Thanks for the meal, it was good." I stood from the seat, "And Aunt Ava, can I have a word with you later?"

"Yes sure." She replied a bit slowly, clearly surprised and confused. I thanked her and left the kitchen for the backyard.

All the while, I felt eyes on my back as I walked out, but a pair stood out. They stared holes in my back until I went out of sight.

There is a sitting area arranged for relaxation right outside the back door. I sat down enjoying the evening breeze.

I closed my eyes enjoying the quiet and peaceful moment, until a quiet clearing of, throat reached my ears. I fluttered my eyes open, Aunt Ava standing not too far from me with her calm smile on.

"Is everything okay my dear? You wanted to see me? What about?" She throws questions at me yet her calm and lovely smile is still on.

"Yes, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you." I sat upright, she also took her seat opposite me.

"It's no problem dear, so tell me. What is it?"

"It's nothing serious but I need your help in leaving this house," I said. It was silent for a moment, while I was waiting for a response. She seems to be processing what I said, and probably thinking her response through.

"Why? Do you not like it here? Or it's something else?" She finally spoke, her watchful gaze staring at me with sympathy.

I don't need her sympathy, but I knew she was the only one who could understand my situation. She had been in a difficult situation too with her husband during their youth, and how she managed to deal with such a hard-headed husband is amazing.

"I'm not here at will, and I don't wish to stay here. But Marco is adamant." I disclosed it to her. Her expression twisted into a sad one, the sadness leaked out of her in waves.

"I'm sorry for any inconvenience my son caused." She apologized on Marco's behalf. "It's just..... Nevermind, I won't pressure you to stay, since you've decided to leave I will surely assist." She concluded.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"I won't say that I am proud of the way my son has handled the issue between you two, and I can assure you that I will have a word with him." She implies standing and about taking her leave.

"That's not necessary ma, all I from you is to help me leave." I corrected, she nods at me and wished me goodbye before leaving.

And I was left to savor the quietness.

Please vote share and comment, all three are important to me.

Just in case, this book is a book two to Claimed By The Don. So do well and read the first book, thanks.

Amirablessing 🌹🌹🌹